Henry Mountains - Here I Come!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
NHS
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Henry Mountains - Here I Come!

Post by NHS » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:41 am

Thanks guys! I am way excited for this hunt. It consumes my thoughts during the day and my dreams at night. I will be heading back down in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I will have more pictures for you.

NHS

bullsnot
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bullsnot » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:41 pm

You've still never confirmed, at least that I've seen, if you are going to do some reporting while on the hunt? Will you be connected and be able to post each day after the morning and afternoon hunts? I guess I should ask if you have any desire to do so. Those are by far the funnest threads if you'd be willing.

NHS
Fawn
Fawn

Post by NHS » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Kris, I would love to give updates as they happen, but I am not sure of connectivity access. I know there is not a signal where I plan to camp. There may be cell service on other parts of the mountain. I will check it out when I am down there next time.

NHS
Fawn
Fawn

Post by NHS » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:36 am

I had the chance to take a quick trip down on Friday night. The bucks are still there!

33 days!

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:56 pm

What a dream hunt. Unfortunately for me I started in the elk game and the Henries are unlikely to ever be a reality for me. I will have to live vicariously through those who get to hunt it.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Congrats on an awesome tag :not-worthy ! Cant wait to hear how the hunt goes.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:30 pm

Depending on who you have for phone service will dictate where you have to go to get a signal. My brother has verizon and he could call out when he is sitting right on the road at the edge of nasty flat before it heads down towards Mcmillen campground. I have sprint and I could find a signal in spots on the road that goes from wikkiup pass towards bull creek pass. The best spot that I found there was in the top couple patches of quakies before you make you way into the pines.

The best spot is a area that they call the phone booth. It's on the road that runs from coyote benches down to the mud springs that are in Stanton Pass. As soon as you drive through the saddle and can see down too Lake Powell stop in that pass and we had a great signal to where I could use the net on my phone to send pictures.

If you would like I can get the GPS numbers of these spots and sent them on to you.

Nice looking deer by the way.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:11 am

Oh and if you have AT&T just let me aplogize now. My friend had it on his muzzle loader hunt and he could never find a working signal on the entire mountain.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

NHS
Fawn
Fawn

Post by NHS » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Well, I can hardly believe that one week from today, I will be playing for keeps. I have prepared in every way I know how. The bow is tuned and shooting better than ever. I've done as much homework as possible. It is go time. Hopefully things will work out in my favor. Regardless of the outcome, this has been an awesome experience so far. Best of luck to all of you in your hunts this fall.

NHS

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:49 pm

good luck NHS!!

make sure to report back, i'd LOVE to hear how it goes.

dont get so caught up in the pressure that you dont enjoy yourself! have a great time, take lots of picture, and give it your best. you will end up happy with the outcome.