Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Re: In Pursuit of "Cover"

Post by one hunting fool » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:56 am

That is an AWESOME buck
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:08 am

OK, this is going to be painful waiting for the updates. Can't wait to see how the story ends.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:53 pm

My next scouting trip of the year would be the very next day, (June 14th). 2 back to back days looking for bucks. It turned out to be a pretty good day also. Mixed in with some young bucks, some weird/goofy bucks I found 1 really cool buck.

1st the odd balls and younger bucks...
Then some that have potential...
Then for my sweet 3x3 framed buck that I immediately recognized from the previous year (3 point on the right). Look which buck he was running with last year...

This has to be a good sign right. It's only June 14th and look at this growth already. So with a month and a half left, this has to be our "cover" buck doesn't he? Looks like a dropper off the main beam and some trash up top and plenty of time to still grow...this just might be "the one".

His frame was by far better than ANY buck I'd seen so far, wider, taller, just all the way around he look the best yet. But there has to be something bigger/better somewhere? Or is there??

Stay tuned...

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Here is some video of the sweet 3 point...

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Cool looking buck. But I think that you have more hid up your sleave.

Awesome thread.

Thanks.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:59 am

Trail cams, well crud I've always used them for just fun. Never hunted a buck I've had on camera, it's more or less like Christmas to me and so I enjoy just getting pictures for FUN. But this year is different isn't it, I mean my buddy has a Premium LE tag so I've got to take these trail cams more seriously? Should I buy more? I already have 7 of them that work (although couple of them aren't great or very good). Well I decided I wanted to build a couple of more home brews, so I ordered the parts and figured my buddy with the tag was a good excuse to have 2 more. :)

While waiting for the parts on the new builds, I set up 4 trail cameras in hopes of turning up good buck, cams were set up around the end of May and I waited less than 2 weeks until I checked them for the 1st time.

Here is the results, will any of these trail cam bucks end up running for "cover" come opening day?

see ya soon...

May 31st, 2012
DSC01961.jpg
June 2nd, 2012
DSC02013.jpg
June 9th, 2012
DSC02242.jpg

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Well my 3rd day out Scouting was June 30th, I had high anticipation of hoping to turn up the double eye guard buck and possibly one other great buck from last year. Neither buck was found, but I did find these bucks...

An nice straight 4 point and a big 3 point with a cheater.

I also found this buck from an earlier post, he is starting to look better. Course his buddy was still with him also. Could he end up a shooter?

Then I found these 2 nice bucks, especially the one on the right. Heavy, mature, tall, and it's only June 30th...we still have potential for another 4 weeks of growth. This guy could be a HUGE typical buck and something special. Only problem is he lives most of his life on private property. So I just had to watch him for fun. Or is it possible for him to leave the solitude and "cover" of private ground over to public?

We shall see...

archerycrazy
Spike
Spike

Post by archerycrazy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:11 pm

This is a great thread. You definitely have me checking back every day. 10sign:

therookie
Spike
Spike

Post by therookie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:59 pm

archerycrazy wrote:This is a great thread. You definitely have me checking back every day. 10sign:
Have to agree. Too bad this sight doesn't have a app that notify you when a post is made.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:23 pm

Love this thread so far. Thanks for sharing. There are some great bucks in there. :thumb
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.