What do u consider a trophy typical

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by shedhunter » Thu May 27, 2004 6:13 pm

I know that most 200" bucks are earned. That is my point. Not that there are just sloppy big bucks lying all over. If you can put the time in or know someone who can, there is no excuse not to kill a pig. I know things don't always work out right and that some draw units aren't as good as others, but there is a reason most guys don't kill a buck of satisfaction, or at least feel they could have done better: laziness. Put in the hours, put in the hard work, put in the study hours, and you SHOULD get a buck of a lifetime. I know there is more to it than just getting a tag, it takes a lot of work. Work=success. Period.
~shedhunter~

bacagrant
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bacagrant » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:40 pm

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 years ago I killed my best buck. I never scored him until about a month ago. He was a typical 4 point plus eyeguards. Lots of mass, carried it right to the ends of his points. I was and am as proud of that buck as any buck out there. He was my monster and I will never forget how and when he died. Dressed and hung he weighed in at over 200 pounds. I have guided several people since then to larger bucks. Mostley rich fokes who have never realy had a full out one on one encounter with wise old muley. Last year I was in on a hunt with a guy that killed a net 203 inch typical. You could see the disapointment on his face when he realized there was no trash on that old buck. He didn't know then and still doesn't know now what a terrific buck he killed. I have passed many 180 class deer looking for the one that I feel could hang next to my monster. Trophys are truly in the eyes of those that have had a close encounter with one of natures most awsome creations.

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Wed May 09, 2007 10:11 pm

The hunt makes the trophy, plain and simple. Obviously, a forked horn is no trophy, but I would feel better taking a 170-class mule deer on my own than being guided on private property and shooting a 190-class mule deer. Just as important as shooting a "trophy" buck is having a trophy hunt - a do-it-yourself, public land, hard working, fun hunt. With a hunt like that, any nice buck is a trophy.

Utahbowhunter
Monster
Monster

Post by Utahbowhunter » Wed May 09, 2007 10:16 pm

A trophy buck to me would score around 180+ ".

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Wed May 09, 2007 10:39 pm

as long as it has lots of mass and is wide. im fine with that :)
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Wed May 09, 2007 11:10 pm

If I pull the trigger its a trophy in my book,you can hunt your whole life in my area without seeing a B&C buck.

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Thu May 10, 2007 7:29 am

NONYA wrote:If I pull the trigger its a trophy in my book,you can hunt your whole life in my area without seeing a B&C buck.
I agree, I think a 26 in 4 pt up there is a fine trophy,

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Thu May 10, 2007 8:18 am

I do think it is dependant on the hunter, the experience, and the location.

Does it have to be a "Book" animal to be considered a trophy?

Yes, I want that wide, heavy, tall, deep forked 4X4 but it does not have to be that for me to be proud of or consider a trophy.

I thank God I am just able to get out and chase and have a chance to harvest one of these magnificant beast.