Utah Rifle Opener??

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Post by Shedfreak88 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:42 am

there are no big bucks left now ha ha. he was the biggest buck we saw. i shot him and then we went back to camp and found that we had trail cam pics of him two days before the hunt. i didn't no it was him when i shot him lol it was pretty cool.
"Big bucks didn't get big from being killed when they were young, Let Em' Go Let Em' Grow "-KB

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:57 am

Sweet, when we get the pics. (???)

Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Post by Shedfreak88 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:18 pm

ill post a pic when i get them on my computer.
"Big bucks didn't get big from being killed when they were young, Let Em' Go Let Em' Grow "-KB

ultimateshedfreak
Spike
Spike

Post by ultimateshedfreak » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:06 am

congats to all of you for your success on a great hunt.

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:20 pm

Missed a big one today. We pulled up to the base of the highest peak in our hunting area and there he was running as if he knew the fire and brimstone that would be headed his way if he stuck around. When I saw him he was coming out of a small group of pines, and he had about 60 feet before he was going to disapear into the dark timber. I was able to get two shots off before he disapeared. When I got up to where I saw him last I thought I was on the wrong set of tracks because his tracks looked like smaller elk tracks. Had to be the biggest set of deer tracks I have ever seen. I walked back on his tracks and found where my bullets hit the snow and I was hitting just about right in his tracks. So at 300 yards my bullet was hitting over 24" low. (???)

So, now I'm sighted in (again) and ready. Hopefully he feels safe enough to come back in the morning, cuz I'll be there waiting for him. Chances are slim, but it's worth a shot.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:11 am

79Ford,

Good luck on finding that buck again and congrats to you da on that buck with a pistol. =D>

A fine bunch of bucks taken by all on this thread. congrats to you all on some fine hunting.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:46 pm

a_bow_nut wrote:79Ford,

Good luck on finding that buck again and congrats to you da on that buck with a pistol. =D>
Well, couldn't locate him again. Being my last day hunting i'm willing to take a smaller buck and took a fat 2 point just before dusk. Not what I was looking for, but he'll be good eating. There's always next year. Looking forward to it allready!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:48 pm

Here is our groups other buck from Rifle.

Hunter = Doug Wilson