Troy Christensen's 2008 GOV. TAG BUCK

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
heshen
2 point
2 point

Re: Troy Christensen's 2008 GOV. TAG BUCK

Post by heshen » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:09 pm

Yah they did get that wide one out there.. Its a very awesome buck as well!!! Congrats to all of the Christensen Arms fellas.. They sure do make great rifles too

GKNUDSON
Spike
Spike

Post by GKNUDSON » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:52 pm

What a HOGG!
That is one BAD A#% BUCK

*ShedPredator*
2 point
2 point

Post by *ShedPredator* » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:44 pm

definatly a beauty buck and congrats to Troy on the kill
"to small keep drivin..."

madaboutmuleys
Fawn
Fawn

Post by madaboutmuleys » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:04 pm

I feel very fortunate to have actually seen this buck in person a couple of weeks before it was shot. I have been hunting for over 10 years and have never seen one so big in the wild. I just remember that I could not keep my eyes off of it for the whole time I was able to watch it (which was atleast an hour). When I heard that it had been taken I had mixed feelings about it. I was sad (for selfish reasons obviously) but at the same time feel that he may have been starting to go down hill. So I believe it was a good time for him to be taken. I would like to tell the hunter congratulations on a very fine trophy. :not-worthy I would also like to mention that I was able to witness him "passing on" his great genetics. :thumb Which gives me hope for the years to come. I can also confirm 100% that it was taken on public land and definitely not on a Limited Entry unit (no where near). It is so great to know that there really are some great bucks still out there on public land.

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:00 pm

madaboutmuleys wrote:I feel very fortunate to have actually seen this buck in person a couple of weeks before it was shot. I have been hunting for over 10 years and have never seen one so big in the wild. I just remember that I could not keep my eyes off of it for the whole time I was able to watch it (which was atleast an hour). When I heard that it had been taken I had mixed feelings about it. I was sad (for selfish reasons obviously) but at the same time feel that he may have been starting to go down hill. So I believe it was a good time for him to be taken. I would like to tell the hunter congratulations on a very fine trophy. :not-worthy I would also like to mention that I was able to witness him "passing on" his great genetics. :thumb Which gives me hope for the years to come. I can also confirm 100% that it was taken on public land and definitely not on a Limited Entry unit (no where near). It is so great to know that there really are some great bucks still out there on public land.
Congrats on seeing the live version of the gov tag buck. I got to see the live version of buck they dubbed the General. It roamed the Camp Williams National Guard base and surrounding fields. Very cool to see. I liked him better with the velvet off. He was taken on the archery hunt still in full velvet.

You stated that you can confirm that it was taken on public land. To actually confirm it I will need you to PM me the GPS coordinates of where here was passing those genes along. :))

Welcome to the madness!
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

243giant
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 243giant » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:57 pm

He Went "206" not the best in score wise. but the mass was unbeilevable over 7in bases he was a stud! :thumb

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:04 am

i know a guy thats chased this buck for a few years... and i guess he was a lot bigger last year!

mossbak
2 point
2 point

Post by mossbak » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:12 pm

anybody know what he paid for the tag?...... :not-worthy
"A Friend Will Stick Closer Then a Brother"

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:03 am