Lets see your big game animal your after!!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
hoseman
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Lets see your big game animal your after!!

Post by hoseman » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:30 pm

MuleyMadness wrote:The problem is a day or so later I found a bigger one, that got me really excited. So here comes the debate/question. If given the chance at the smaller one do I pass hoping to take the big boy?

Or take the shot and get some bow experience, especially to prepare me for my LE tag I'll draw next year. lol

I have a dedicated hunter tag, so if I might be able to get the big boy with Muzzleloader or Rifle if he sticks around. (???)

What would you do? I think I've made up my mind after some thought.

Here is the big boy.
bh.jpg
Know thats a backside! Great looking buck.... Has he been in the same place each time you have gone out? Good luck! I can't wait to see the after kill pictures! :thumb
Got air! Got food! Got shelter and got the Lord Jesus in my life! I am good to go, are you?

Huge29
2 point
2 point

Post by Huge29 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:05 pm

Thanks for sharing! It is amazing how even the smaller one will seem very big in that velvet at archery range. I think you would be happy with either one at the end of the day, but teh latter certainly is nicer. I would post pics, but I have not had much scouting this year. the better one I have seen is similar to your smaller one. Good luck!

gcox98
Fawn
Fawn

Post by gcox98 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:03 am

both are nice bucks . With a bow shoot the first good shot you get at either one. I've had too much tag soup waiting on the big one and passing the sure thing. Good luck and enjoy the meal.

Beamer
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Beamer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

MuleyMadness wrote:Okay hunts are almost upon us, with one states Archery just started.

I want to see the animal your chasing whether it's Elk, Deer, Antelope etc. And if you have a PICTURE lets see it.
5 point3.JPEG
5 point4.JPEG
5 point.JPEG
Is he worth going after with a general season tag? (???) (???)

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:43 pm

YES go after him IMO Beamer. Cool buck, now that's what I'm talking about! :thumb

mapleton archer
2 point
2 point

Post by mapleton archer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:17 pm

General season -------He's A shooter!!!!!!!!'

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Beamer Nice buck, I think I speak for all of us when I say I cant wait to hear the whole story on this buck after you put him down.
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

fly4fish
Fawn
Fawn

Post by fly4fish » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:40 pm

Hey guys and gals, This is my first post on this site. Thought I would chime in and show you all my first pick. I hope to find something bigger in the next two weeks, but if not, I will have no problems with this one. I think he is a buck that was hanging out with the buck I shot last year, but he was only a 3X4. Now you can see he is a 4X with that kicker on his g4. I would put him somewhere between 175" to 185" gross, what do you guys think? You cant tell from the picture, but he is just past the ears and should spread out at at about 25 inside. I am tapped out on pictures, so I will post a new post with last years pictures so you can give me your input on if he is the same buck.
Attachments
IMGP6904.JPG
IMGP6916.JPG

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Looks like a great buck to me, great 1st post. 10sign:

fly4fish
Fawn
Fawn

Post by fly4fish » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:56 pm

If this is the same buck, then his left side grew a lot, and his g4s are not quite as long. He is at most 2 miles as the crow flies from where I arrowed the buck he is pictured with. I was going to shoot whichever one gave me the first shot, and luckily, I got the one I did as this guy grew a bit. So anyone think he is the same buck?
Attachments
09 picture
09 picture
Summer 08
Summer 08
Summer 08
Summer 08