Utah Gov Buck Killed!!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
DeadI

Re: Utah Gov Buck Killed!!

Post by DeadI » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:27 pm

Man that is a big ol buck. One that I will probably only ever harvest in my dreams.

I am not against any guide or outfitter as long as they abide by the rules. And I agree with you Brett that there is nothing but positives comeing from this tag and the money that it puts towards wildlife. If I had some much money that I did not know what to do with it I would be tempted to buy a tag like that as well. I am glad some one has more money than brains.
Again what a buck, and congrats to the hunter.
Deadi

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:37 am

Helicopter? Are you kidding me that's a joke!
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:16 am

I think you can use aircraft as long as you don't hunt the same day. We found some huge elk in an inaccessible spot a few years ago that you could fly into and setup camp. It would have been $8000.00 to go in and out minimum. Needless to say we haven't done it yet. Publisher's Clearing House may show up any minute though. :))
Mark

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:09 am

The thing is, the guide service knew where this buck was. Has been monitoring his movements and his location for sometime. [helicoptor?] I would bet, not illegal if not used in the actual hunt. Then with the help of a crew put the hunter in the position to kill the huge buck.
To bad this trophy wasn't killed in fair chase, at least this is not what I call fair chase.
When this much $$$$ are involved it encourages this type of hunting. For the sake generating funds for wildlife? Yeah, I guess better to have it then not.
I think guide service is fine and brings in the $. However the more $ involved the more the questionable activity.

Twitch
Spike
Spike

Post by Twitch » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:52 am

waynedevore wrote: To bad this trophy wasn't killed in fair chase, at least this is not what I call fair chase.
+1

BIG R
4 point
4 point

Post by BIG R » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:14 am

:>/ :>/ :>/ for mossback

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:47 am

Another sad situation for Utah. :>/

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:50 pm

I agree 110% with Brett the money is good for the wildlife, and I'd be paying a guide too if I had that much money. I also agree with Brett if Doyle Moss wasn't sitting behind that buck would half of you care as much?

And as for them "babysitting" this buck, wasn't the case they got a tip from a local and where here for about a week till they finally killed him.

And as for the helicopter, a rumor I think. But whats the difference between that and all these guys and their chute planes?

Yes, I'd have like to seen this buck go to a normal guy, as a matter of fact a couple of buddies and I camped and hunted most of the rifle hunt less than a mile away from where this brute was killed, and it is one of the hardest hunted places in the unit if not the state, so yes he was super smart and it was going to take more than one guy to find and kill him.

northern
2 point
2 point

Post by northern » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:58 pm

:>/ :>/ :>/ :>/ :>/

My other post was removed?........guess I'll leave one here.....so everyone knows how I feel :>/

Conrad8899
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Conrad8899 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:54 am

I think Pathetic is the correct statement here. :>/