Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
sewing
Spike
Spike

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by sewing » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi All!
I’m a native to Utah just outside the SLC area. I’ve been hunting since about 14 years of age (about 18 years of hunting). Mule deer are by far my favorite big game to hunt and watch. I’ve hunted deer and elk with bow, rifle, camera and musket. I haven’t always brought home a trophy, but I’ve always had a great time trying. I hike, camp and fish with my kids as much as possible. I’m really looking forward to getting to know everyone here.
Thanks for the great forum.
-Sid

mching
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mching » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:36 pm

hey everyone. Just joined. Im from Nebraska. Love mule deer just never get to hunt them much because of my location. I have alot of friends from Utah, and I've seen some serious muley pics from them. Im going to hunt southern unit this year. Im a bowhunter. Any info anyone has about the southern unit and dixie national forest, i would love to hear. Ive been putting in for the Puans for a while now, hope to draw it someday while Im young. Thanks.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Welcome Guys! PLEASE, enjoy the site and above all...HAVE FUN!

CONGRATS on your successful draws. Hopefully there are folks here that can help ya out and maybe improve your odds of bringing home that trophy.

Also, if you are successful...PLEASE don't forget to let us know. We LOVE seeing the results of our efforts posted on the boards.

Take care and I look forward to your future posts/pics.

'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Post by 'Ike' » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:09 am

Glad you pointed this out AG...

I live in Folsom, CA (Sacramento CO) and bowhunt just about everything I can draw a tag for...A passion for Turkey's (I'm a lil behind this year!) and love the Spring and the Fall months, ok Summer to when I draw the tag [-o< ...I grew up in the Eastern Sierra's (Mammoth Lakes) and never lived in a city until joining the AirForce after high school...

After the Air Force I settled here as this is where I started my career (Now retired!)...Ducks and Pheasants are another passion (Ok, I chase pretty much everything!) and being in the Pacific FlyWay is a kick...

I've hunted AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, CO, SD, OK, TX at one time or another...Down to CA, NV, OR in the draws this year, so we'll see... [-o< Glad I found this place, as Roy is my mentor...Just doens't know it yet! lol
Last edited by 'Ike' on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 & 2011 Destroyer 340 - HardWoods HD
BlackGold Sights, RipCord Rest, CarbonTech Shafts, G5 and BuckNasty Strings

teveland
Fawn
Fawn

Post by teveland » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:45 pm

Just recenlty joined this forum. I am originally from Western NY where I was obsessed with hunting from the time I could load my BBg gun. Have killed a ton of whitetail and turkeys. Moved out west (Idaho) over 20 years ago and absolutely love hunting the west but still have a big place in my heart for Whitetail. I still hunt every year in Northern Idaho for whitetail and Elk but have done a limited amount of hunting in Utah. After my first couple years in Utah I started dreading the General Deer season. I drew the West Desert, Vernon any weapons tag this year and my interest in Mule Deer hunting Utah has reignited. I plan on doing a bunch of scouting this summer but really have limited knowledge of the area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

kallred12
Fawn
Fawn

Post by kallred12 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:50 pm

I live in southeast Utah, lived there all my life except for one summer in Idaho. Im 22 years old and live for hunting. Mainly about the muleys but youll see me hunt anything i can get a tag for. I have killed deer with a bow, muzzleloader and rifle and and elk with a bow and rifle. Hopefully this year will top it off though for i have finally drawn my dream tag (henry mountains any weapon). I love talkin to anyone about hunting so i hope to talk to any willing to listen to me. good luck to everyone in the field.

BIG R
4 point
4 point

Post by BIG R » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:39 pm

::wel and congrats on your tag. :thumb

buglinarcher
Fawn
Fawn

Post by buglinarcher » Fri May 01, 2009 8:43 pm

I am a bowhunter from Northern New Mexico. Unit 2 to be exact, to bad I havent drawn an archery tag since they went to draw fro archery. I love to hunt Elk and Muley's and according to my wife anything else I can hunt or with anyone else that is lucky enough to draw something. If I can add anything useful or help anyone out let me know.

macavity
Fawn
Fawn

Post by macavity » Sat May 02, 2009 5:23 pm

I've read this site for a long time, and decided to join up. Have hunted for 30 years, only mule deer in Utah, CA and OR. Have learned a great deal from the posts here, and the great people I meet when I'm out hunting. Great site, great info and really generous folks with support and info. Hope to do my share.

BIG R
4 point
4 point

Post by BIG R » Sat May 02, 2009 10:45 pm

::wel to the site,hope you stick around for a while.