Luck to you all

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by PhillyB » Sun May 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Hello to everyone...
Just joined the board on May 16th.
l live in Henderson, but spent time in St. George, UT and Cedar City, UT going to school. l am primarily a archery hunter.
l have taken up a different outlook on hunting. Previously, hunting in my family has been more of a family outing (which l have no problem with) where we drove the roads and looked for deer standing within range. My Dad has a bad back and legs, so walking has always been out of the question. Therefore, l really never learned the "art" of hunting. l have killed a handful of deer, forkies and small 3 pointers, but nothing worth showing. Now, l want to learn to hunt the right way. l am excited to learn from the site and understand more about the science of hunting.
l look forward to the knowledge available on the board. Thanks :thumb
Last edited by PhillyB on Mon May 18, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

beez1954
Fawn
Fawn

Post by beez1954 » Mon May 18, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi all:

My name is Greg.

I grew up in Southern Indiana and started hunting small game with my father in 1964 at the age of 10.
In 1984 I took a job with XI Archery as a technician and worked there until Jan. 1996.
In 1996 I took a job with an aerospace manufacturer ( Lucky for me, because XI folded within a couple of years) and continued to hunt until I was transferred to the Indianapolis plant in 2004.

Hunting in Central Indiana is next to impossible unless you want to hunt with a couple of thousand others so I quit.

I know this thread is getting long for an introduction so here's the deal:

I have wanted to hunt Elk and Mule Deer in the Rockies for a long time but know absolutely nothing about it.

I have lurked on a few hunting forums and this seems like the place to get the info I need.

I know I'm not getting any younger so I will start a thread titled 2010- a hunt odyssey so I won't clog up the pages and those who are willing can help me with my goals.

Thanks for your time.

Greg

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Tue May 19, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi all,

Just joined April 28th there is a lot of information that Ive been reading on the boards and decided to join. Im Cody -29 from Salt Lake been here all my life, I have hunted small game until a couple years ago when I decided to go for bigger animals and LOVED IT from the start! I really wish I would have started sooner. I just bought a bow (Mathews DXT) to start hunting with that too… It looks awesome and everyone I know says its way better than with a rifle. I generally hunt the General Deer Northeastern Unit but Im going to start applying for all other species and the LE and Premium areas.

Anyway, looking forward to this community and the info we can all share.

Thanks!
Cody
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

182BC...4Now!
2 point
2 point

Post by 182BC...4Now! » Thu May 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to town! I've looked around on the forum before and finally decided to join. I'm a Texan that loves to deer hunt any way I can....stick 'n string, muzzleloader, rifle, whatever it takes! Hope to get some good info. and provide some good info. to others. See ya'll around!

...oh yeah, name's Austin!

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri May 22, 2009 7:10 am

Welcome aboard guys.......looking forward to your posts.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

spacyjr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by spacyjr » Sun May 24, 2009 1:00 pm

I'm pretty new to this site in terms of forum info and stuff but I have been coming to this site for several years. I have an old long time friend I just started talking to again that is on here a lot so I thought I would join up...Lets see I love the outdoors and arhery is where my heeart is but I hunt them all...Being from AZ we have a ton of critters to chase around...Big muleys...Monster elk... and everything in between...I love this so keep up the great work.

respectfully,
Bob Jr.
Respectfully,
Bob Jr.
"Game in sight arrow in flight"

olddenny
Fawn
Fawn

Post by olddenny » Sun May 24, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi fellow hunters I line in central utah & I have injoyed hunting for the last 50 years it is my passion my spare time hobbie. I have hunt for an excuse to go and get away enjoying the outdoors it the only thing that takes me away from stress & every day life if I could I would do it every day. olddenny

PLP
Spike
Spike

Post by PLP » Tue May 26, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm 32 and from Georgia.I went out west hunting Merriams turkeys in the black hills this spring,and I wound up fascinated with antelope,elk,and especially mule deer!I am planning to make my way back west at some point and time to give it a shot.I have alot to learn,and y'all seem to really know what is going on.I have already read some stories,and looked at pics,so I decided to join so I could give congrats to people as I browse.Glad to be here!

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Thu May 28, 2009 6:27 am

Good to see all the new folks on MM. We will offer help where we can. ::wel