Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
dllambert66
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by dllambert66 » Mon May 28, 2012 8:45 am

Hello all,

I am new to the site and to mule deer hunting. I whitetail hunt in KS and OK and since moving to CO (2010) I have drawn a Muzzleloader tag for the 2012 season.

Thanks
Dave

Bonehead_26
Spike
Spike

Post by Bonehead_26 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:27 am

Hi guys

im josh from cleveland ut i like anything related to outdoors fishing hunting and shed hunting i live for the outdoors ive been on here for awhile and forgot to do this so here it is catch yall later

bowhunterxpert
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bowhunterxpert » Thu May 31, 2012 12:52 am

Hello!

I am a fairly new Mulie persuer... I got my first Mulie in 2010 in the sacramento mountains of southern New mexico. I am in the Air Force and have been stationed in Nevada for just under a year. I was lucky enough to draw a tag my first year. I have bowhunted my whole life and have hunted when I have been given the opertunity to when the 13 years I have served has allowed me. I love the backcountry and all it has to offer. I take my daughters out when I can as well but they live in Oregon. I have never joined a forum like this but figured since I have a strange situation this year I would try to be more active in reaching out to other hunters to share some of my ideas and advice in hopes of getting some advice in return.

Thanks Jeremy.

Tyselby17
Spike
Spike

Post by Tyselby17 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm new to this site, but I have found it very intersting as well as very informative. I am from Las Vegas and am crazy about chasing mule deer all over Nevada and Utah. Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself. I hope to talk with many of you in the future.

Your fellow mule deer hunter.

itscheesey
Fawn
Fawn

Post by itscheesey » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:42 am

Hi All,
My name is Ryan, Im 24 years old and am from southern california. Though I just moved to Las Vegas with my company. That being said I am looking forward to hunting here. I grew up hunting white tail in western PA. I just got a new bow and am getting back into the sport. Any questions just ask.

goinhuntn
Fawn
Fawn

Post by goinhuntn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi guys,
New to the site. I have been on monster muleys for a while, but looking for more. My name is Erik. I live in California, but not by choice.
I am 43 years old and have been hunting since 12. I love to hunt big game, birds, predators etc. I look forard to chatting with you guys
about my favorite activity why hunting of course.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:48 am

Welcome to the site everybody.

Can't wait for all of the hunting adventures to start rolling in this hunting season.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

hillble
Fawn
Fawn

Post by hillble » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi Yall,
I am new to this site........my name is Scott but folks call me Hillbilly. I am fairly new to the desert hunting would be better if NV would ever draw my name. Live in Las Vegas and predator hunt mostly. Look forward to talking to everyone on here.

5pointbull
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 5pointbull » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:23 pm

New as a member, but a veteran visitor of the forum. I've frequented this forum for some years now, enjoying the many trip reports, posts, pictures, and info. I'm currently reside in Layton, Utah and have been a state resident of Utah since my birth in 1975. During this time I have lived by one motto; work to live, live to hunt. Since I was young I have hunted Big Game, Small Game, Varmints, Upland Birds, and Waterfowl. I have a special love for Elk, as it represents the first big game male animal I ever harvested. My forum name 5pointbull spans from an October day in 1992 during the Utah General Bull Elk season when my father and I happened upon a bachelor herd of bulls on Monte Cristo Moutain, both of us harvesting big 5 points, mine scored just over 300. Early on in my hunting years I swear I was cursed when it came to mule deer hunting. I had several opportunities but never could close the deal, infact I did not harvest my first buck until enrolled in Utah's dedicated hunter program at the age of 25. Since then I have managed to harvest roughly 5 bucks.

I hope to contribute any of my own valuable info on this forum to those in need. This year I would like to say I'm lucky but truth is I had max bonus points for the elk tag I put in for, so I guess you could say I earned. After 16 years and 16 points I have finally drawn the early rifle tag for the Plateau Boulder limited entry bull elk unit. I am fairly familiar with this area as I have hunted mule deer there for the last 10 years, and am happy to also say I have drawn my 3 year dedicated hunter mule deer tag for the same area again this year. But all though I have seen several big bulls in the area of Boulder I hunt deer, I know it is not the Elk Mecca of the Unit. I would be very appreciative of any extra info, as I will be putting in some massive scouting work this summer. Hopefully the fires down there don't burn the whole mountain down.

wbhco2012
Fawn
Fawn

Post by wbhco2012 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:26 pm

Howdy fro Colorado...Believe it or not I have never hunted a Colorado Mule deer. I am retired now and have accumulated 10 pref pts so next year should be my year to look for that wallhanger. 180 B&C and up.

I have traveled for work so I hunt solo due to never building up a hunter partner relationship. Now that I am able to spend time learning from the members here I look forward to the insight.

My hunting ranges from Alaska to Ungava Bay and as far south as New Mexico. I have hunted elk from Montana to New Mexico and have layed in binds for geese on the Canadian plains.

Now I am looking to finally securing a sheep and mt goat tag along with a moose, monster mule and a nice respectable pronghorn with the hunts I have left in this old body.