MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Texasraised311
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by Texasraised311 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:29 pm

My name is Connor. Im 20 years old I am from San Antonio, TX. Even though I'm from inland Texas I have a master merchant mariner license I've been fishing south Texas since I could hold a rod. If you have any questions about trout and redfish strategies or some good places to fish in coastal south Texas, I'm your guy! I love talking fish so don't be afraid to ask. I shoot a black widow ptf-x and a Hoyt razor tech. I shoot zwickey deltas and g5 b-52s( even though they dnt make em any more) I have limited experience hunting states other than Texas.

Grim Archer
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Grim Archer » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Hello, names JD im from washington but recently moved to SoCal. I used to hunt rifle but got bored so i switched to archery and i dont think i would go back, im loving it.

lancetkenyon
Fawn
Fawn

Post by lancetkenyon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 am

New member,but long-time lurker.

My name is Lance (see username). 41 years old from Glendale, AZ. I have been hunting since I was 6 years old. My Dad introduced me to the outdoor lifestyle at a young age, and I was hooked.

I have only hunted in AZ, so some of my experience is limited due to the AZ draw process. Hunted elk twice, and taken a couple nice archery bulls. Hunted Javelina numerous times, always archery and taken a few. Hunted deer, both archery and rifle, and taken numerous mule deer, never a Coues Whitetail...yet. Tried bear, no luck. Can't seem to get drawn for antelope, even with 20 bonus points. Maybe next year. Lots of dove and quail hunting. Been varmint hunting a few times, and it gets more addictive each time. Taken quite a few turkeys too, both shotgun and archery. Even been bowfishing a couple times.

I was with my Dad a few years ago, and since we have been hunting deer together for about 30 years, I was able to help him take his first muley ever. I have also taken my oldest daughter hunting and helped her with her first deer, elk, and archery sheep! My younger daughter starts hunting next year for big game, and I cannot wait!

ccuttpb
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ccuttpb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:51 am

I have lived in Cedar City, UT for all but 9 years of my life. I have always loved being in the mountains regardless of the reason why. I always find that October is when I enjoy being in the mountains the most as it is the one time I feel I can just go sit on a hill side for hours and enjoy all that nature brings my way. As a teenager I hunted just about everything and accepted every opportunity to hunt.

In the 9 years I was away from UT, I was only able to hunt the one year I lived in Ohio. It was a different experience hunting Whitetails but I loved every minute of it. Since moving back to UT 5 years ago I have been able to begin hunting again. However, due to my occupation as an athletic administrator at a NCAA Division 1 institution, I am not able to get out as much as I would like as the Fall time is one of my busiest seasons. Due to my lack of free time I don't know that I can provide much assistance in answering other hunters questions but I will say this. I feel that harvesting an animal is a lot like having kids. None of them are perfect but they have perfect qualities. You love them because of the perfect qualities you see in them and because of the story behind them. Each of them have a story and it is the story that makes them special.

jls456
2 point
2 point

Post by jls456 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:25 pm

This site is awsome. Thanks for all the great info.

MNbowhunter83
Fawn
Fawn

Post by MNbowhunter83 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:49 pm

Hello everyone, Kyle here from Minnesota.

Started hunting 4 years ago and haven't looked back since. I've hunted in South Dakota and Wisconsin as well. Mainly bow hunt but enjoy gun hunting .

I've started to plan my 2013 season and looking for a DIY mule deer hunt. Leaning toward South Dakota again. Only going on my own, and farther west. Recently finding this website, I've read a lot of posts and look forward to learning and someday hopefully being able to pass on what I've learned as much as possible.

Right now I'm just looking to get started, what gear I can't leave home without, is S.D. the best option, should I consider elk, etc? Any pointers will be more than appreciated.

Thank you and look forward to talking with everyone.

surefire91
Fawn
Fawn

Post by surefire91 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:17 am

Hello all. I am new to hunting (except small birds with a bb gun at 14 haha) I'll be 21 in few weeks and finally convinced the wife to let me get a 1911 for a CCW and a Remington 700 (had to say it would be good for a zombie Apocalypse!!)

I am hoping to find some one to hunt with in 2013. I've never actually hunted so I'd like to have some who knows what they are doing and where I/we can hunt.

I live in Oregon, I would like to hunt with a gun but a bow would fine as well but I'm not as good a shot with a bow :\

I want to go for:
Elk (driving by Elliott state forest by Reedsport and OR-38 will drive any Elk hunter crazy haha)
Deer, preferably mule deer in Eastern Oregon.
Pronghorn.
Bear
Cougar.

Now I know I can't go for all of these in one year (without serious help anyway) and I also have no idea how the tag system works.
I've heard many say they drew a tag. So do you have to raffle for all tags or just some and most are first come first serve?

Please let me know thoughts and if anyone can help.
Feel free to PM me.
Thank You.

midwesthunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by midwesthunter » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:43 am

new from MI, I have hunted out west once, shot a 300" 6x7 archery bull in UT DIY hunt. Gearing up to start hitting the west yearly.

luvdawest
Fawn
Fawn

Post by luvdawest » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:46 pm

Hello all, I've been lurking around here and decided it was time to join. I'm from SW PA. I started hunting Wyoming about 6-7 years ago and can't stop thinking about the next trip out there. Always looking to learn more and meet new people from that great state. I usually hunt as a DIY guy with one or two buddies. My son will start hunting in August and I can wait to take him out there. Look forward to getting to know some of you guys.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:24 am

WELCOME ABOARD EVERYBODY.

Can't wait to hear those huntin stories and maybe see a picture or two.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.