$ out of state apps $$$$

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
primal215
3 point
3 point

$ out of state apps $$$$

Post by primal215 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:26 am

I was just wondering what people think is a reasonable amount to spend each year on nonresident apps. I just figured out that this year I'm sending out about $3000 just for elk and deer not including antelope or anything else. ](*,) trying to draw a great nonresident tag is like ](*,)

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Re: $ out of state apps $$$$

Post by Springville Shooter » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:15 pm

I think that an application regimen is like hunting optics; one should spend as much as he can afford. I too spend a couple of kilo-bucks every year on applications.----shooter
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

jerseyelknut
Spike
Spike

Post by jerseyelknut » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:28 am

I spent around $1500 last year just for points. This year it will probably be $2500 providing I draw in WY. Some of my friends think I'm nuts for spending that kind of money just for points, but I believe that its an investment like anything else. I've lost enough money in the economy to realize that at the least the money I spend for points is going to provide a return in the long run.

primal215
3 point
3 point

Post by primal215 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:08 pm

I dont think its to bad of a deal to send out that much if you have a savings because its almost the same thing as saving since you get it back unless you draw, and your points are like interest . That being said it would be nice if we only had to send in Halff the tag fee and pay the rest only if drawn, I think that may be the only thing california's DFG does right because they ony require a small non refundable payment for specail speacies like elk and sheep. The other option I use for some states is cabelas tags becuase they allow me to get a few more apps in with there affordability and knowledge

WinMag
3 point
3 point

Post by WinMag » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:58 pm

You really have to do your homework and decide what is most important. I keep a savings account just for applications. For about two months a year it's at $0.00 but the rest of the year I know it's there waiting to apply the next year. I do not like the States that require you to purchase a $100 plus general hunting license just to apply knowing that most out-of-State hunters won't ever use it if they do not draw.

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:52 pm

id say spend what ya can.... hunting is your hobby and obviously a passion ... just like people that restore cars no expenses spared!