Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
sheepslam
Fawn
Fawn

Must read...Global Gun Ban

Post by sheepslam » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:08 pm

These guys can bite the big one!!!

The U.N. is after Americans' Second Amendment gun rights – it wants gun ownership banned in the U.S., and it's not going to stop until it gets its way.
That’s the warning from the National Rifle Association’s Wayne LaPierre, who reveals that "for the first time in the history of the world, a United Nations conference has set its sights on global disarmament – disarming citizens worldwide – including you and me."

At an 11-day meeting beginning July 9 at U.N. headquarters in New York, every extremist anti-gun group in the world will show up at a summit on "small arms," where the delegates will attempt to create a global standard of gun control, banning civilian fire arms ownership worldwide.

Their aim, LaPierre warns, is "to bring the nightmare of England, Australia and Canada into our country and our homes."

Those nations, along with South Africa and others, have caved in to international pressure and severely restricted civilian gun ownership. Canada has gone so far as to make handgun ownership a felony. As a result, crime rates in England and Australia have skyrocketed since the gun limits went into effect, once again proving the truth of the old saying that if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

While the U.N. has no power to force the U.S. to ban gun ownership, it can, with the enthusiastic help of the foreign and domestic anti-self-defense media, create a powerful international movement to shame the U.S. into junking the Second Amendment rights of private gun ownership.

"You and I won’t go one day without hearing that the rest of the world is banning guns and it’s time for the U.S. to get in line and do the same," LaPierre wrote.

As a prelude to this frightening gathering of anti-self-defense fanatics, a number of proposals have already been advanced at various U.N. forums. Among them:

Strategies to reduce the number of guns in private hands that include mandating a maximum one-gun-per-person rule;

A ban on possession of handguns by anyone other than government officials and target shooters who would be forced to store their weapons at shooting ranges;

Worldwide licensing of firearms registered in a vast U.N. computer bank.
"The bottom line is that international gun banners want every gun – every single gun worldwide – to be under U.N. and government control," warns LaPierre. "And that includes your rifle, your shotgun, your handgun, and even family heirlooms that have been handed down from generation to generation."

LaPierre urges Americans to`contact Sen. Jesse Helms, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and express their outrage at this latest U.N. power grab.

Helms, he notes, is already on record as deploring the U.N.’s anti-gun project. He wrote a letter to the U.S. Agency for International Development in 1999 in which he described the U.N. gun ban project: nothing less that a brazen international expansion of the [Clinton-Gore] domestic gun control agenda."
Walk softly and carry a big stick

Nochawk
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Nochawk » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:03 am

Well, if you really want to have nightmares... the next president can sign off on it and there go's the guns.

One good thing is we have the NRA and other countries don't. if you are not a member I think you better join. and make sure you get out and vote.

The UN thinks that buy elimination of all firearms the world will be a safer place... I wounder why they all have security guards and personal bodyguards for themselves and their kids??
The UN and there dream of a new world order should leave the USA and go back to Africa where Genocide is taking place everyday and join the real world.
Nate

hunterman67
Spike
Spike

join !!!!! join !!!!! join !!!!!

Post by hunterman67 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:21 am

my dad and I joined the nra back in 1977 when I turned 10, the politics and social scene were ALOT different then I remember. however it seems the older guys knew something then, and now with the world the way it is- ANY attempted ban or reduction of legal firearms in the U.S. will be met with severe contempt. the lawmakers know who the nra, goa, and others are- they/we are voters among other things. any politician who wants to continue his political career will not snub the nra ! I would NOT want to be the person who attempts to collect all the guns in civilian hands.
`nuff said.
join the nra, register to vote- then actually get out and VOTE ! and we`ll be ok.
saying "guns kill people" is like saying "the spoon made rosie fat"

Michael Waite, Tucson/Marana- ARIZONA.