Just how difficult is difficult access?Wyoming..

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
PLP
Spike
Spike

Just how difficult is difficult access?Wyoming..

Post by PLP » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:12 pm

Looking at some places to hunt in WY I have found several places with public land,and I have found a few roads here and there that can get me access..I do see big chunks,and little chunks of land with access,and I also see big chunks and little chunks with..basically no access...However like I said I have found somewhere between 8-12,000 acres that looks like I can legally access it because a public road either goes through it,to it,or borders it.So how difficult is difficult access?Is there a percentage of the public land that is inaccessible that makes it considered "difficult"?

I don't mind finding one entrance to 4,000 acres and hiking several miles once on the land..Help me out please..

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Re: Just how difficult is difficult access?Wyoming..

Post by Snake River Marksman » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:18 am

I think the Game and Fish Dept and I have different ideas of what "difficult access" is. The have several areas listed as difficult that I didn't find tough at all. lots of accessible public land. So, if you see enough land on the maps that you think you can access, your probably just fine.
Stupidity is expensive

PLP
Spike
Spike

Re: Just how difficult is difficult access?Wyoming..

Post by PLP » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:12 pm

Snake River Marksman wrote:I think the Game and Fish Dept and I have different ideas of what "difficult access" is. The have several areas listed as difficult that I didn't find tough at all. lots of accessible public land. So, if you see enough land on the maps that you think you can access, your probably just fine.
Thank you!