Some more 2011 bucks

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Re: Some more 2011 bucks

Post by ridgetop » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:17 am

I pulled this picture off of video my friend Tom took. We had seen this buck in 2010 as a heavy 23" wide 3x3 and this year he put out a 3" cheater off his G-2.
This buck disappeared after the archery hunt. I hope he just moved to a different canyon, I sure would like to see what he does this year.
There's always next year

stillhunterman
2 point
2 point

Post by stillhunterman » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Wish I was a young man again Ridge, would love to tromp around the hills with you carrying a camera! :thumb

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:06 am

stillhunter, do you have a high quality camera? :-k I'll probably be checking out some other more forgiving on the body areas this summer, if your interested in getting out. These new areas we've been hunting are brutal on the body. One hill we have named "puke ridge" because it is so steep, that half of the guys that have climbed it, have puked. #-o I took my 14 year old daughter up there scouting last summer and she's in really good shape. Well, she could hardly walk the next day. I have two horses that I'm spending a $100 a month on and can't even take them up there. Sure we have found some nice bucks, even in a struggling unit but the sacrifice is a lot. No family outings and the horses stay home.

One thing I have learned in the last couple years, is that the bucks move around a lot from canyon to canyon and are very unpredictable.

I hope I'm not boring you guys with this post. I do have a few more good bucks to share.
There's always next year

stillhunterman
2 point
2 point

Post by stillhunterman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:59 am

Yeah, have a pretty good slr digital. Puke Ridge? Last time I attempted something like that was when I was in my 40's and it nearly killed me! lol I gotta give it to you for managing such rough country! :not-worthy

Yep, if the area's aren't too bad would love to go. Let's talk come spring time! And heck no, not bored in any way, shape or form with your pics, they are AWESOME!

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Here's another 3x4 my cousin had at about 60 yards on the rifle hunt but decided to hold off. With a little convincing from me of coarse. Tom took this picture too on the archery hunt. I think he could be a great buck next year. :-k
There's always next year

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:01 pm

I never get bored of threads about nice animals.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:38 pm

I never get bored of threads about nice animals.
+1 I really enjoy the threads like this. Thanks Ridge

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:44 am

It's nice to have threads like this in the off season to keep us motivated for the upcoming year. Thanks for posting.

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Ridge,

You are an inspiration. I've enjoyed your threads. Your goat hunt was the epidomy of an OIL. You put the scouting time in and knew what animal to take. I'm impressed with the number of bucks your able to find. You definitely must be "sacrificing" because most areas lately have been pretty slim on buck sightings.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:25 pm

This buck we called the "in-line buck.' I'm sure you can see why. This buck was a tough one to pass on this year. We all had a chance to take him or at least shoot at it but in the end, we could tell that it was a young buck and it has some real promise for this upcoming year. I just hope he makes it through the winter.

This was taken on the archery hunt

These shots were taken on the second day of the rifle hunt
There's always next year