Late season mulies

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
PLP
Spike
Spike

Late season mulies

Post by PLP » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:11 pm

I have a question about post rut/december public land mulies and how they act during late season..I'm going to try them this year,and I have no experience with them.I have already scouted several places and I can either hunt an area with nothing but rolling grass hills,an area spotted with red cedars,or a timbered area..All 3 areas are the same elevation,and there is no agriculture within 30 miles.I have found most mulies near timber right now.I guess to be shaded from the heat..These mulies dont migrate to my knowledge since the elevation stays similar for hundreds of miles in every direction.

Also if it snows how would that change which of these 3 areas would be better?I would think they would prefer timber for bad weather and security issues after alot of pressure.Being elevation is the same..I would think they would like cover with all the pressure on them.However I have been told they will generally stick to the wide open areas no matter how hot or cold it is.But I dont know how they act.Pm me please if you dont want to divulge info for everyone to see on the WWW..lol..Thanks!

JBird
Monster
Monster

Re: Late season mulies

Post by JBird » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Sounds like fun. I think the best answer would be just to scout them out a couple weeks before the hunt. I would think they would be in the cedars and sage later in the year though. JMO.