My 2003 10X4 Nontypical

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
BCBOY
Spike
Spike

My 2003 10X4 Nontypical

Post by BCBOY » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:57 pm

Here's some pics of my 2003 10X4 nontypical that I took on Nov 19th. He's definately got some character. Not the biggest that I saw. Saw a high 180 class typical with deep forks and great height and great mass chasing a doe in a birch type. No shooting lane presented itself. Next day, same area I missed a 180 mainframe buck with a 9+inch dropper and several extras. Too much brush to shoot through. Went in there the 3rd day and found this buck. When I saw those dropper cheaters I knew I had to take him.

"Trophy value is not always a measure of tine and beam. It may be just a measure of hard, solid hunting in which both man and deer conducted themselves well, so that neither was shamed." - John Madson, "Why Men Hunt"

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:40 am

Great looking buck! Sounds like you had fun hunting him. Whereabouts do you hunt in BC? I have been up through Rupert, drove all the way to George and then back catch the ferry home. Those drop tines are cool, I would like to get a chance on a deer like that!

browtine
Fawn
Fawn

Post by browtine » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:44 am

Awesome buck. I wouldnt care it was a 2 point as long as it has droppers. I guess thats a soft spot for me. Great deer BCBOY.
Later, Brandon

Muleyslyr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muleyslyr » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:14 pm

BC....nice buck, love the character! Did you ever see that big 33" buck you've been filming the last few summers, or know if he was taken? That's the great thing about Muleys, whether their 33 inches or 24 with character their all so unique. Great pictures.

Cya

BCBOY
Spike
Spike

Post by BCBOY » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:53 pm

Muleyslyr,
I never did get to see that wide buck during the season. I chased around huge tracks in the timber below timberline where he lived several times in Sept and Oct but never did see hide nor hair of the owner of the tracks.
I shot my 10X4 at about 40 yards in the same piece of timber as the other 2 big ones I saw that week. I'm really happy with him. Even though he doesn't have much of a mainframe, his character far outweighs his score. He grosses 190 NT which isn't bad. But his triple droppers are what I find appealing.
The big wide buck will have to wait for me next year. Hopefully I can find him this winter and then find his sheds.
I've already found one monster just the other day who will definately go over 200 NT that has some amazing mass. I hope that I can pick up his sheds after he drops. He is definately a HAWG!
"Trophy value is not always a measure of tine and beam. It may be just a measure of hard, solid hunting in which both man and deer conducted themselves well, so that neither was shamed." - John Madson, "Why Men Hunt"

Muleyslyr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muleyslyr » Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:26 pm

BC...do you get much competition out there when your shed hunting, or hunting period, or do you have such a big area in which to hunt. For a guy like me living down below you, it's tough shed hunting around here and especially tough to find that deer during the season. You're pretty fortunate, enjoy it while you can.

Cya

.....keep us updated on your "finds"