Never seen a weasel befor this....

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
johnyutah5
2 point
2 point

Never seen a weasel befor this....

Post by johnyutah5 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:48 pm

My girls and I were hiking up a road in the uintah's and all the sudden this big old mouse comes running out in front of us. Sure enough it's being chased by a weasal I snapped a quick picture with my phone(sorry for poor quality). The weasal had to have weighed less than the mouse but the mouse didn't stand a chance. Kind of crazy. So what are some unique things you guys have seen out in the wild?

These beetle is another cool one I saw on the front with a friend

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Re: Never seen a weasel befor this....

Post by waspocrew » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Looks like that weasel must've been hungry! While coyote hunting, I noticed something moving slowly behind me... It turned out to be a garter snake with a baby bird in its mouth. Super weird

castnshoot
Spike
Spike

Post by castnshoot » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:54 pm

I caught this with my camera. I call it nothing but feathers. Veiw it as a slide show.
http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35 ... 0Feathers/

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Saw this green mormon cricket.
Green Mormon Cricket Sized_2.jpg
Green Mormon Cricket Sized_2.jpg (252.98 KiB) Viewed 9541 times
No pic but we had a salamander become thawed because of our camp fire. There was snow on the ground and I think it had been hybernating. The fire thawed the ground about 6' in diameter. Out of the mud crawled a salamander. This was at 10,000 ft. There was no pond or spring within 500 yards of our camp.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

jls456
2 point
2 point

Post by jls456 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:59 pm

I seen a weasel once in Colorado,except it was all White. Not sure if they are all related or what. Anybody know?

Yelum
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Yelum » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:38 am

This was cool
Attachments
P1140715.JPG
Yelum

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Cool Pics.

Yelum, That is a sweet avatar photo.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Those are some pretty cool pics!

swbuckmaster
2 point
2 point

Post by swbuckmaster » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:27 pm

I saw a small cottontail rabbit running down the road on a collision course with my truck in colorado. He seemed to want to commit suicide. Then I saw something about 20 yards behind it chasing it. Weasel I swerved around the rabbit and honked at the weasel and skidded in front of it giving the rabbit a chance. lol could help it.

when i was coyote hunting one time I saw a golden eagle flying low coming straight at me. It was dodging, swerving, flying erratic. I then noticed it was chasing a rabbit and then noticed a coyote was also in hot pursuit. The coyote caught the rabbit about 60 yards in front of me. I had a dead rest and the gun was loaded but I didnt shoot. I wanted to see what it sounds like for a predator to kill a rabbit so I can duplicate it in the field. I watched the coyote take it to a tree where he ate the rabbit in about 5 minutes. The magpies were there in seconds and they were all fighting over scraps. It seems the magpies might have been following the coyote and every time since that day when i see a magpie I look close buy and on a few occasions I've seen a coyote with them.

The coyote only lived one more day though I went back the next day and snuck in where he was laying and gave him a quick pup yelp and thats all it took. He came running to about 35 yards where I shot him with a 40 grain .223.

arrowone4me
Fawn
Fawn

Post by arrowone4me » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:42 am

That's a pack rat, and a big one.