NM unit 2b

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Bschmidt
Fawn
Fawn

NM unit 2b

Post by Bschmidt » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:26 am

New to the forum, but I've been a lurker for a while. Thought I'd reach out for some advice on unit 2b. A buddy and I got drawn for a rifle hunt this year Oct 25-29.
No prior experience with the unit, so any advice is very welcomed!
Thanks to all!
Brad

bowtechjwar
Fawn
Fawn

Re: NM unit 2b

Post by bowtechjwar » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:54 pm

I DREW THIS UNIT AS WELL. I'VE NEVER BEEN THERE BUT GOING TO TRY AND MAKE OUT NEXT WEEKEND. ILL SEE WHAT I FIND AND SHARE. MY HUNT IS NOV 1-5.

Bschmidt
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bschmidt » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:07 pm

bowtechjwar wrote:I DREW THIS UNIT AS WELL. I'VE NEVER BEEN THERE BUT GOING TO TRY AND MAKE OUT NEXT WEEKEND. ILL SEE WHAT I FIND AND SHARE. MY HUNT IS NOV 1-5.
Thank you! Let's stay in touch and I'll give you an update after our hunt.
Brad

yemtig
Fawn
Fawn

Post by yemtig » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:46 pm

I live in NM and hunted this unit two years ago.. Lots of deer, although many bucks are young. Pray for some snow, it tends to drive the bigger mulies down from Colorado... I hunted near Navajo Lake.. There are many nice deer out there and some truly outstanding trophy quality deer.. Just have to get off the road and hike in a bit to see some of the nicer bucks in the unit.. Plan to bring everything with you, as you are well off any paved road and the nearest town is Dulce, NM.. I got drawn again this year and plan on bringing home some venison again..

Scott702
2 point
2 point

Post by Scott702 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:59 am

There was a post last fall that contains a lot of information on unit 2B. If you search for it on here I am sure you would find it and if I remember correctly the info is well worth the search. Good Luck!

Bschmidt
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bschmidt » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:14 am

bump'n to the top for some last minute pointers on 2B. Head'n out next week on the 23rd. Currently have some ideas for spots up North and an area down south, but always welcome advice!
Thanks,
Brad