Wyoming unit 128 general hunt advice.

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
kbdutson
Fawn
Fawn

Wyoming unit 128 general hunt advice.

Post by kbdutson » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:48 am

Hello all! I am new to the site and excited to discuss hunting with y'all.
I am a wyoming resident looking to hunt muleys in 128 for the general season. The problem is I don't have time to scout because I eork for the hotshot fire crew and have very limited time off. So, I am hoping I coulf pick the brains of those who know the area and have hunted it. I know the late tag is the coveted tag for BIG muleys. So I know they are up there. I plan on concentrating my efforts in and arround the norton point fire from 2011 by double cabin. And am thinking high is best. I'm not afraid to rough it out there and am willing to put in the miles.
That said, does anyone have any pointers for me? I have never humted the area. I am only familiar with the area through fire. How far in should I expect to run across a bomber? Are they hanging in the area or are those big migrators coming from as deep as the Thorofare or park? Where do y'all think I should concentrate my efforts?
Thanks for any advice you have. It is much appreciated. And I look forward to learning from y'all and shareing my knowledge in the future.