my 2006 colorado MULE DEER buck !!!!!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
hunterman67
Spike
Spike

my 2006 colorado MULE DEER buck !!!!!

Post by hunterman67 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:01 am

yee freaking HA !!!!! this is my biggest buck yet folks, public land, colorado MULE DEER !!!!! I took him at 82 yards in his bed, he stood up and looked around a tree at me and I dumped him right back into his bed, never twitched once ! I saw him at 8 am with a 3x4, a 2x2, a 1x2 and 4 does, they were leaving at the opposite end of a large meadow into the trees. I parked the truck and took off trying to get in front of him, I stopped after about an hour never seeing them again, I went back to the truck and went to the other rigde across from the meadow thinking they stopped and went back the way they came, after another hour or so no deer. I went back to the truck and went to the road at the end of the meadow and found where they crossed (I should have done that 1st- duh !) after seeing they did go the way I thought first, I parked, got all loaded up again with all my new age fancy million dollar hunting equipment and took off. well that was a bigger hill than I thought it was and after about 100 yards I was ready willing and able to take my morning constitutional. I dropped my pack, laid my gun down, found my wet wipes (I don`t like a dirty stinky arse- ha ha) but before I dropped trou I looked up the hill and this buck was actually looking sideways around a pine tree at me, dropped the wipes, grabbed the trusty 40 year old remington model 600 in 6mm, and took his heart out- 82 yards. that buck went out of the meadow I saw him in, right up the hill and they all laid down. they let me walk by the the first time no farther than 200 yards, the second time at about 400 yards, and they saw my truck and watched me drive past them 3 freaking times- and NEVER MOVED !!!!! this buck was within 200 yards of the first place I saw them when he died ! it was/is my biggest ever. he was estimated at 6.5 years old and it was 332 pounds on the hoof according to the game warden and meat company who did the checking, he is a main frame 4x4 with 6" bases, and really neat curling eyeguards, a faint however visible DOUBLE throat patch, and a beautiful specimen of my beloved MULE DEER ! I wish I could have better hunting photos but when you hunt alone most of the time it just is`nt possible. hope you enjoy this buck because I am going to for the rest of my lifetime !!!!!

HELP I CANT ADD THE PHOTOS IT SAYS THEY ARE TOO BIG- ANY HELP/IDEAS ?????
saying "guns kill people" is like saying "the spoon made rosie fat"

Michael Waite, Tucson/Marana- ARIZONA.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:03 am

congrats i cant wait for the pics
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Touch 'em all
Spike
Spike

Post by Touch 'em all » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:22 am

Awesome! I hope the pics are as good as your story. Success is a great feeling. I am glad you didn't see him while in the process of setting your bear trap. It happened to my friend a while back. Congrats! =D>

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:23 am

They need to be re-sized if you're getting that message.

If you want to email, I'll fix them and send them back then you can upload them.

brett@muleymadness.com

hunterman67
Spike
Spike

yep

Post by hunterman67 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:53 am

yes sir I`ll send them to you right now. then I`ll post them when they get back. thank you very much I appreciate this !!!!!
saying "guns kill people" is like saying "the spoon made rosie fat"

Michael Waite, Tucson/Marana- ARIZONA.

Meathunter13
2 point
2 point

Post by Meathunter13 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:15 pm

Your killing us!!!!

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:40 pm

hunterman67, CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see the pics though.........

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:17 pm

Pics are emailed back to him, now when he gets a minute we can all see them. :thumb

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:40 pm

hunterman67 - HURRY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!! YER KILLIN ME!!!

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:54 pm

Come on Mike...post those bad boys up! :1
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer