New World Record Typical

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

New World Record Typical

Post by AGCHAWK » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:03 pm

Hey, anyone have info on the rumor that a new world record typical will be named once it's been panel scored? I have seen one pic of what is supposed to be the hog in question but have not been able to find any info (Where and when it was taken and who the lucky hunter is).

akw270

Post by akw270 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:04 pm

new world record typical
What new world record are you refering to?

I heard rumors of a new world record whitetail? I saw a picture also, It was supposed to score 320's or something?

akw270

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Rumor mill

Post by AGCHAWK » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:04 pm

I'm refering to a Mule Deer that was reported to score 233 6/8 Gross and 229 7/8 Net. This would be almost 3 inches bigger than the Burris buck! This score was after the 60 drying period, from what I understand.
I have NO IDEA if this buck rumor is indeed true or just some pipe dream but I figured if anyone would know then the guys and gals here would.
I checked the Boone and Crockett home page and there is no mention of it there. I actually had my Brother up in Idaho call to ask me about it. I had never heard anything mentioned about this buck before and personally thinks it's nothing but a rumor but thought I'd check anyway.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:05 pm

After a search through Google, here's the link. (Hope no one minds a link to another hunting sight...LOL)
http://www.kingsoutdoorworld.com/librar ... om04.shtml

IdahoMuley
Spike
Spike

Post by IdahoMuley » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:54 pm

I think that is a old pic i have seen it some where before. from that pic i dosent look very big just heavy horns.
Muley Man!

BCBOY
Spike
Spike

Post by BCBOY » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:54 pm

That buck is Lee's Meat Buck. It was taken by a family friend of Kirt Darner's. When Lee passed away he gave Kirt the buck. Because of Kirt's bad relationship with the B&C is is very doubtful that it will ever be Panel Scored.
"Trophy value is not always a measure of tine and beam. It may be just a measure of hard, solid hunting in which both man and deer conducted themselves well, so that neither was shamed." - John Madson, "Why Men Hunt"

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Thanks for the info

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:16 pm

Yea, I didn't think the pic was all that impressive either. Although there is no doubt that the buck in the pic is a hog, I wasn't too sure it was as big as advertised.
A beef with B&C huh? Sounds a bit like the "then potential" record white-tail that Mitch Rompola harvested a couple years ago. Still wonder if that buck ever was "real". I know the State of Michigan put it on the state books.

BCBOY
Spike
Spike

Post by BCBOY » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:05 pm

Lee's Meat Buck is the real thing. It was scored by Rusty Hall, the editor of Trophy Hunter Magazine.
Darner's beef with B&C is surrounded in rumor so I won't dive into that mess here. Darner has been a mule deer legend and still is in my mind.
"Trophy value is not always a measure of tine and beam. It may be just a measure of hard, solid hunting in which both man and deer conducted themselves well, so that neither was shamed." - John Madson, "Why Men Hunt"

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:48 am

Thanks for the info BCBOY. I knew you all could give the straight scoop.

Muleyslyr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muleyslyr » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:07 pm

Hey guys....I too read the article and saw the pictures. I have to admit that seeing Darner's name in there instantly gave me doubts. I remember being a kid in my early teens and idiolizing Kurt Darner and all of "his" big Mulies. Unfortunately because of the stories I've read and heard his name was tarnished. Obvisiously I don't know all the facts but in a field of hunting it sure is hard to clear your name after it's been mixed around with illegal activities. It's funny though, I still like hearing about him and what he's doing.......just my 2 cents.