Ahhh How did Yall do on ur hunt for the general mule deer

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Anonymous

Ahhh How did Yall do on ur hunt for the general mule deer

Post by Anonymous » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:25 pm

Me Myself and I got nothing, i hunted the full week here in utah for the general buck northern and saw one spike was all
and i did see it get shot, the hunt absolutely sucked all does an more does and if not does they were moose but oh well gettin out was fun but i got bummed becaue my dad just got me a 30-06 that i wanted to try but didnt get to but im goin elk hunting on horseback next fall an bringin along my 32 special lever action. well plz fell free to tell me bout ur hunt because i dont got nuttin else to do right now anyhow yall take care
peace love an cornbread

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:28 am

Hey Dan,
I got a decent 4X5 out of my home state of WA last season. Decent mass but nothing special (Typical for WA). I was pretty happy with it though, considering I was hiking into country that quite frankly was a bit scary at times. Pretty much what you have to do if you want to get away from the roads and trails and put as many of the other hunters as far away as possible from ya.
Funny, my wife bought me a new 30.06 for x-mas this year. It's not a real rifle yet cause I haven't knocked anything down with it but hopefully I'll get a chance to "break it in" this coming season. Been using a .270 since I was a kid so I'll have to get used to it I suppose.
Good luck this year!

Danthe2pointmuleyman
Spike
Spike

Post by Danthe2pointmuleyman » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:11 pm

ahh thanks for the story man i am glad to hear about ur success
Happy Trails

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

State-wide Archery

Post by shedhunter » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:25 pm

For me the Genral state wide archery hunt was great! Got my first archery buck, a 24" that went 175; ballpark. Was watchin' a 30 incher but his pattern interrupted by a couple inconsiderate hunters. My bro harvested the buck later that year on the blackpowder hunt.

Danthe2pointmuleyman
Spike
Spike

Post by Danthe2pointmuleyman » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:28 pm

Hey shedhunter,

thats quite a nice buck u got, it aint nothing to be ashamed of. It's sad to say but the biggest deer i saw was a spike and it got gunned down. You know the really sad thing was it was a spike but also the horns were only about 2 inches over its ear. What a sad story, i think people should not worry about just gettin a deer an enjoy the hunt, heck let that spike grow up to be a monster muley ya know? but oh well what can u do and thanks for the story man i sure do appreciate it.
Happy Trails