Tracking lights

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
DeadI

Tracking lights

Post by DeadI » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:36 pm

I have heard that a blue light (flashlight) will allow you to see blood easier while tracking in low light conditions or at night. Is this true? Can it be any blue light or is there a special kind of light that is used.

If this works it looks like I will have to have me a new flashlight before next season.

Thanks.
Deadi

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:59 pm

cabela's has a flashlight for this but i heard that i dosen't work that well but i have not checked it out for my self

huntingal
Spike
Spike

Post by huntingal » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:44 am

We have a "blood light". It's a LED flashlight with one blue and one red light together.
First time I acutally used it was a couple of weekends ago trying to find a coyote I hit a little far back. It was dark and the ground was mostly snow covered with a few bare patches. Under the light the blood looked darker on the snow, almost black, and on the bare ground it was really black.
I didn't have a regular flashlight to compare the two, but right now I am not convinced that the blood light is any better than a good flashlight at night.
It may be different during the day and on an animal that is bleeding more.
I never did find the coyote, after he laid down and got back up he had quit bleeding.

HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:27 pm

My buddy and i used one to find a deer during the archery hunt this year and i was not impressed at all we accully found the deer by the broken and disturbed bushes the light didnt do any better then a powerful flash light.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

elkslayer338
Spike
Spike

Post by elkslayer338 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:53 pm

A U.V. light is used at crime scenes but you have to spray a chemical on the blood for it to glow " it glows big time" over all not worth it when it comes to tracking. If you do Try to use a U.V.light try hydrogen peroxide
in a small spray Bootle this will react with the protein and be more luminous under the U.V. http://0-0-0checkmate.com/Hot/Rechargea ... light.html
Attachments
Rechargeable_Cordless_Blacklight.jpg
Rechargeable_Cordless_Blacklight.jpg (26.55 KiB) Viewed 3565 times
Be the Buck