Utah 07 proc is online

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
DeadI

Utah 07 proc is online

Post by DeadI » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:28 pm

The new proc is online for download. Here is the link.
http://wildlife.utah.gov/proclamations/2007_biggame/

I will tell you right now that I don't think the way they have the management bull elk plan is very well thought out.

If you take a bull that falls under the management plan and turn it in to the dwr you get your points and waiting period reinstated. This is crap. If you draw the tag you draw the tag. You should not get everything reinstated. There are some very big 5 points running around down there.

I really don't know what to think of this plan, it has some great potential but I think some revision needs to be done.
Deadi

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:06 am

Thanks DeadI.
Yes, I agree with you on the management bull plan. It could have been a great 380----6 pointer who had a tine get broken clean off to the main beam during the rut, with great genectics, but under this new plan he would be a legal management bull. Like you said, turn him in, keep this beautiful wall hanger and you're right back into the LE draw next year. It shocks me that they didn't think this through more. Under this new plan, a hunter with max points could possibly draw out year after year and shoot a "management" bull. It looks like the 07 Proclamation is already at the printer.....could be a can of worms. #-o
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:47 am

I agree. The more I think about it, the worse it sounds. This is going to be a bad deal.
Deadi

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:24 pm

i dont mind it, but i have max points man am i going to hunt alot for the next few years----------------------kidding i have 3 points for non-res utah and that does sound like a load of crud!!!!!!!!

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:43 pm

ya i think thats crap. :>/
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:45 am

I'm still undecided on this one, not sure what to think. I think it will need some 'tweaking' but it's not necessarily a bad idea. They may have jumped into this proposal a bit quick.

Would be awesome to come across a bull like this and get your points reinstated huh??

But then again, these aren't to common place IMO.

This will help weed out some raghorn bulls.

But if you apply for this tag, you can't apply for anthing else correct??

Like deer or elk.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:14 pm

Wow!!! Yes if I lived in your beautiful state, I'd be applying.......Can you amagine wackin that beast and not have it count against your points and not having to wait 5 years before you can put back in.
Brett, Yes, you are correct only one LE species at a time. Pronghorns have really good draw odds, if anyone wants to hunt them but with the Monster bulls and Monster muley bucks that these LE areas are producing it would be tough to pass up those, afterall Wyoming isn't very far away and WY is king for speed goats.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:30 pm

I heard that if you draw one of these tags then you don't get a point for that year. You would still have your other bonus points reinstated but that would put behind a year in points. If this is the way it turns out to be I woud be fine with it but not if you got a point for that year also. :nono:

I still think that it should be a youth only hunt. It would be a cool start for a bunch of kids and it would make the rules a little less complicated and help get some of the raghorns out of the herd.

Just my thoughts.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:33 pm

i agree a_bow_nut
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

fly741
Fawn
Fawn

Utah 07 proc is online

Post by fly741 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:13 pm

I am unable to get onto their web site, is it just my computer or is the site down? Anybody having the same problem?