my dads buck!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Utahbowhunter
Monster
Monster

my dads buck!

Post by Utahbowhunter » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:19 am

This is my dads little spike he shot. Im in the very back being retarded.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:22 am

That from this year? You don't look retarded just "special"

J/K bud, you're just probably having a blast with the FAM is all. :)

Utahbowhunter
Monster
Monster

Post by Utahbowhunter » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:37 am

Hahaha. That was the worst hunt i have ever been on. even tho we got deer.. but still! they were mean to me. Hahah just because im the youngest so they think they can pick on me! hahah :dumb

kadejones2
Monster
Monster

Post by kadejones2 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:33 pm

that is just like my family

ABert

Post by ABert » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:26 pm

Just part of the Rites of Passage for all hunters. Just think, one day you will not be the youngest in camp and will then be able to pass those same rites on to the next generation of hunters!
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

Utahbowhunter
Monster
Monster

Post by Utahbowhunter » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:07 pm

Well on the bow hunt im not. im like one of the older guys because i get to hunt. ahha!

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:59 pm

Utahbowhunter, I agree with ABert and can relate. I distictly remember "snipe hunts", bigfoot sitings, UFOs, etc. I have some rather "unique" relatives and I think they enjoyed messing with me and my brother more than the hunting itself!

My uncle Pat passed on one story that I thought was SO COOL I went to school the next week and told everyone about it. No wonder everyone looked at me funny!

Here is the short version: My Uncle Pat was bow hunting all day outside of where we lived (Orofino Idaho) and hadn't seen a thing. More than a little frustrated by the lack of game and itching to bring something home a large grouse appeared just up the game trail from him. He decided that "A large grouse on the table is better than nothing at all" so he drew back and let an arrow fly. Well, would you know it? The grouse bent over to pick up a pine seed at the exact same time the arrow reached it. Because it bent over, the arrow entered JUST UNDER THE SKIN above its backside and lodged in the back of grouse with the broadhead sticking out above the head and in front of the grouse. Well as you can imagine, the grouse was spooked pretty bad and took off in a desperate flight to escape. Because the arrow was protruding through the skin above its head it couldn't look up to see where it was flying. Well as luck would have it a monster whitetail stepped out from behind a deadfall right as the grouse flew by. BAM! The grouse flew right into the side of the buck, forcing the arrow right into the old boiler room of big buck. The buck jumped, ran about 100 yards, and keeled over with the arrow still sticking out of it's side and grouse still attached. My Uncle was able to take them both home and enjoyed a nice grouse and backstrap dinner that evening.
As a 7 year old I thought that was the most awesome thing I had ever heard. It wasn't until I was older that I started to think "This story can't be real!!!". I'm slow, but I ain't dumb!

Of course, I HAVE passed at least some of this on to my boys...LOL

Rileyhunter
2 point
2 point

Post by Rileyhunter » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:16 pm

You think you look goofy? You should see some of my younger year photos. Thanks for sharin the pic Ill bet he was some goooood eatin.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:19 pm

AGCHAWK

Great story! :))

stick_man
Fawn
Fawn

Post by stick_man » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:32 pm

Yeah, you'll look back some day on that hunt and remember how much fun it was. Even the joking and ribbing. Did your dad make you gut the deer? I think that is why my dad took me hunting before I was 16 (legal age to hunt deer back then). He said if I couldn't handle gutting a deer, I couldn't shoot one either. #-o Fortunately, for a couple of those years, I was the only one bringing back any meat to camp. I was carrying my shotgun for the grouse and rabbits. :1