MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Bberan31
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by Bberan31 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:03 pm

My name is Billy, the first week of November will be my first hunt in the past 3-4 years. I can certainly provide information, for what I take off this website, and these forums, but let me scout my area, set some trail cams, find the ridges worth hunting and I will submit my best knowledge once I land a monster! Confidence and patience is what I'm relying on... If I come home empty handed, the buck fever continues!!!

Looking forward to participating in these forums! Thanks for having me.

Billy

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:11 am

Welcome to the Madness, folks.

Billy, where you from?
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

slamdmini
Fawn
Fawn

Post by slamdmini » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:06 pm

hey guys, long time lurker, but finally decided to join. my name is jesse, i live in so cal with my wife. i hunt (obviously), fish, bike, mx, just about everything outdoors i enjoy. just got my wife into all those things as well, and she now goes with me most of the time which is cool. i dont have a ton of experience like some guys here but ill help u out if i can.

papabearxx
Fawn
Fawn

Post by papabearxx » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:47 am

Hi everyone. My name is Paul. I grew up on the coast of N. California. I moved to Nevada 15 years ago. I pretty much enjoy anything to do with the outdoors. But deer hunting is my passion. I joined this site to hopefully learn how to better hunt Mulies since most of my deer hunting experience has been the coastal Blacktails. I have two kids. My daughter that just turned 16 and my son is 11. My son can't wait for 12 so he can put in for his first tags. He has been hunting with me for the last 3-4 years. My daughter never showed any interest in hunting or shooting until this last year. She has decided that she wants to go hunting with me. In other words I am a pretty proud Papa. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

ArrowAndBow
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ArrowAndBow » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Pushing 40, this is my 6th season bow hunting. A few does and the occasional sage grouse is all that is on my resume thus far. But my boys, 9 & 6, also have the bug. Can't wait for them to get their first harvested animals. Put my 9year old in a tree stand with me for the first time this year. Shot what would've been my first buck on our first night of the hunt, but the arrow clipped a branch and hit his hind quarter. Never found him but it was a great learning experience for both of us.
Happy Hunting all!
-Jeff
Good judgement comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgement

bcghost
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bcghost » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:23 am

Hi my name is Russell I live in British Columbia,joined the sight a week back . Love hunting Mule Deer,moved my family from Vancouver to Kamloops just to be close to some Muley country.Cant stop thinking about Mule Deer year round. Hope to contribute some pics in short order.

Junior samples
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Junior samples » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:36 am

I live in So. California, been hunting since I was 13. Love to hunt Mule Deer (rifle) in CO. (Debque) and Wy(Ten Sleep,Baggs). Have a wife two kids and puppy. Always wanted to hunt UT (St. George,Beaver areas). Love my family, the outdoors, my truck and my freedom to bear arms ...

dashj7
Fawn
Fawn

Post by dashj7 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:24 am

Hunting is my life. I grew up and live in South Texas on a farm and ranch. I started hunting out west about 7 years ago after college and fell into a deep addiction (mule deer, elk, bear). I have never killed a mule deer but have been close several times. I have started to hire guides because I feel like I cant spend any time scouting like home. I am looking forward to gaining knowledge about western hunting. I would love to be able to help anyone with whitetail, turkey, quail, and everything else South Texas has to offer.

Muley2014
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muley2014 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:40 pm

New to the forum... I live in California Bay Area. Lived her my whole life. I mainly black tail hunt with some pig hunting. I usually hunt pills bury ,ca which is b zone and a zone on a ranch. Looking to kill a muley and an elk in the future and mainly a diy die hard hunter willing to work and help anyway I can

MNbowhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by MNbowhunter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:06 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Brian. I'm 34, born and raised in Minnesota. I primarily deer and turkey hunt. I got my first deer with a bow in 2013, shot a doe on opening morning. I've taken other deer with a shotgun but never with a bow. It was pretty exciting. I've gone out with my dad to Colorado half a dozen times for elk but never came back with anything except for some great photos and great experiences.

I'm looking at branching out and doing some more hunting out west. I'd love to go for antelope, mule deer, blacktail, elk, etc. I'd also love to go after some merriam and rio grande turkeys.

My dad has always been the one to organize our hunts out west and I was just able to partake in the experiences. This time I want to do more footwork on finding a place to hunt mule deer. We are not trophy hunters, a legal buck would make us very happy. Its very disconcerning reading about the struggling populations of mule deer and it really makes me unsure of where to look. My dad has a friend who has hunted out in Eastern Montana in a Block Management region, but I hear eastern Montana mule deer are really hurting. I've been starting to read some books on Mule Deer Hunting from Eastman's, so I'm getting a better understanding of where to look and go after mule deer, but I still don't know what are some good options for an opportunity. I've heard Colorado is a good place and Western Montana around the Breaks. I've heard Wyoming is hurting and I don't hear much about South Dakota, though I know they are around there.

Besides going around and asking a bunch of people where are good places, checking the states websites for draw odds and success statistics, how do you go about finding a place you'd like to hunt? My dad's 71 with bad knees and hips and I'm disabled with a brace on my leg, so a high country hunt is probably out of the question due to the climb.

Thank you and I hope to learn a ton of information here and I want to try and help others out wherever I can.