Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
MuleyFreak
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by MuleyFreak » Sat May 28, 2011 11:13 am

Hello there,
I was born and raised in rural Utah and have been fishing my whole life. Caught my first trout (a German brown) when I was 5 and i have been hooked ever since. lol
I love spending time chasing muleys and elk through the mountains of Southern Utah (I live in a little town called Leeds) with my dad and my brother. I hunt rifle and archery, but haven't been able to get a buck or bull yet, but I'm hopeful :))

bradycakesmd
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bradycakesmd » Mon May 30, 2011 3:33 pm

Good forum. Happy to be apart of it. Found out about it just this winter when I was looking into areas to hunt. People seem to be very friendly and helpful. Born and raised in Utah. Spent a few years in Indiana but never bagged a whitetail. Too much private land. I like chasing after elk and deer though I've never been half as successful at finding them as I'd like. Like many of you, waiting on a desert bighorn tag that will likely never come. Mostly hunted central Utah in the Manti Lasal area. Besides big game hunting, I enjoy fishing. I still enjoy pulling smaller trout out of local water, but lately I tend to enjoy hooking bigger fish in Lake Powell and Flaming Gorge. Tried to snag some big lake trout at the gorge a few weeks ago, but it was dead. Did have some fun catching big rainbows right up on the bank though. Anyhow, happy to be aboard. I'll be happy to drop in and give updates on hunting and fishing trips. Hopefully more success in the months to come.

Azhunter123
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Azhunter123 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:19 pm

I am a diehard hunter and fisherman. I live in AZ and love to hunt and fish in the white mountains! I am going for a mule deer with my dad this September! Need help about anything in Az you can talk to me! ::wel to everyone!
Life is tough..... Life is tougher when you are stupid

mustanggt
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mustanggt » Tue May 31, 2011 1:13 pm

I've hunted Mulies 30 years ago and got turned off by the drunk road hunters where my buddies and I hunted. There were way too many guys hunting in that small area so I gave it up and just shot and reloaded for awhile and then my girls were born and getting into their activities so I put my own on the back burner. The last several years time and money has returned and so has my zeal for all things hunting, reloading and shooting. I am planning an antelope hunt this fall with a good friend whose son is an outfitter in MT so I hope to get a draw and look forward to a first class hunt whether I get one or not. Thanks for listening.

Hawk751
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Hawk751 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:43 am

I am from Northern Utah 30 years old. I have hunted all my life. I have hunted northern Utah Colorado, Wyoming and Navada and Colorado. Love to hunt love the outdoors.

NV_madmuley
Fawn
Fawn

Post by NV_madmuley » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:38 pm

Im 27 years old, born in raised in W. Texas and recently moved to Nevada. I have hunted whitetails in TX, OK, KS, and SD. Finding private land in TX with mule deer got to be difficult so I started lookin out west. This (2011) will be my second season in NV and looking forward to it. My fiance and I drew a tough archery unit (unit 21) last year and saw a few AWESOME bucks but never punched the tag. Anyhow, between NV and UT tags this year and points building all over, I thought I would join a community that might kow a thing or two about hunting out west. Glad to be here, see you out there!

spoofman
Spike
Spike

Post by spoofman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:00 am

I am from Utah, I have hunted for 25 years in States of Utah, Idaho and Wyoming. I love high country hunting for trophy class mulies. I backpack in some of the remotest areas and love it being by myself or just with my hunting fools. Deer and Elk are my passion although I do hunt waterfowl and do alot of fishing. My favorite weapon is the smoke pole, but hunted archery for 17 years with moderate success. Cant wait for my trick to AK for dall sheep and moose

NVhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by NVhunter » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:54 pm

My name is Tyler, I'm 16 and even though I've only killed 2 bucks, I am a diehard for anything to do with Mule Deer, whether it be picking up their sheds, going for a ride in the truck and just checking out some bucks, helping out a friend in need, and of course pulling the trigger on a big buck.

metalliryan
Fawn
Fawn

Post by metalliryan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:07 pm

My name is Ryan. I'm 31 years old, born in raised in Florida and moved to Colorado 3yrs ago. I have hunted whitetails, turkey and hogs in FL. This will be my first season hunting Colorado and my first attempt at getting an elk. I pretty much enjoy all things in the outdoors from fishing, hiking, hunting and kayaking as well as playing guitar in my band.

tx_packmule
Fawn
Fawn

Post by tx_packmule » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Born & raised in deep East Tx and over the past few years, I've gotten the itch to hunt muleys out West. I've gone on 2 hunts, but really have just been the technology coordinator and an extra set of eyes trying help folks break that 200" mark.

I spend the majority of my time managing and chasing low fence whitetails here in Tx, with rifle, bow, ML, etc (I'd chunk rocks at 'em if there was a season). Also have the task of eliminating hogs from hay fields.