StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

MICROSOFT FUNDS ANTI-HUNTING!

Post by StickFlicker » Thu May 31, 2007 8:25 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Beth Ruth (614) 888-4868 ext. 214

May 31, 2007

Microsoft Funds the Anti-Hunting Movement

(Columbus) – Microsoft has rejected a U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance request to abandon its partnership with the nation’s leading anti-hunting organization.

Microsoft, the software giant, will make a $100,000 donation to the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and is partnering with the group on a pilot program called the i’m Initiative. Through the new program, whenever a Windows Live Messenger user has a conversation using i’m, Microsoft will give a portion of the program’s advertising revenue to one of ten organizations selected by the user. The HSUS is one of the choices, and there is no limit to the amount of money that can be donated.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance, the nation’s leading sportsmen’s advocacy organization, has urged Microsoft to end its support of HSUS, but the company refused. According to Microsoft representative Tara Kriese, Microsoft believes the i’m Initiative is “a great way to enable people to help causes that are important to them.”

“Microsoft is going to pour hundreds of thousands of dollars, probably more, into an organization that recently issued a manifesto that targets hunting for extinction,” said USSA President Bud Pidgeon. “If there was ever a time for sportsmen to take grassroots action, this is it.”

Sportsmen should contact Microsoft and demand that its financial support of HSUS be terminated. Contact Bill Gates, Chairman, Microsoft, 1 Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052. Phone: (425) 882-8080. Fax: (425) 936-7329.

The Humane Society of the United States opposes all animal use, including trapping, hunting and fishing. It was a key player in the campaigns to outlaw dove hunting in Michigan, trapping in California, and black bear hunting in Colorado. The organization has created a hit list of hunting traditions that it hopes to dismantle, including bear hunting and hunting with hounds.

“The HSUS already has a multi-million dollar budget that it invests in legislative and ballot campaigns to ban trapping and hunting,” said Pidgeon. “The partnership that it has formed with Microsoft, the maker of the Xbox, will allow the organization to make money hand over fist, and continue to fund efforts to ban outdoor sports.”

Sportsmen can make a difference in an issue like this. Companies such as Iams, General Mills, Accor Hotels, Pet Safe, Sears, and Ace Hardware ended relationships with HSUS after thousands of sportsmen levied strong protest.

In 2002, Jeep raised the ire of sportsmen when it aired a blatantly, anti-hunting commercial called the “Deer Hunter.” After a flood of sportsmen’s contacts, Jeep pulled the commercial in three days.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance is a national association of sportsmen and sportsmen’s organization that protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, http://www.ussportsmen.org.
Official Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett & Longhunter Society Measurer,
Records Chairman, Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu May 31, 2007 9:23 pm

Not good and not cool at all. Dang Microsoft, I know there was an even better reason I've always used and always will use MACS!!

straightshooter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by straightshooter » Thu May 31, 2007 9:28 pm

Great post Stick, thanks for the info. I'm gonna definately contact Mr. Gates and tell him what I think. He probably won't care because he's a quadruple quazimotillionaire.
I hunt Utah 'cause there's no deer in California!

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Thu May 31, 2007 10:09 pm

I faxed a letter and also mailed a letter to Bill Gates. Thanks for the heads up StickFlicker.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Thu May 31, 2007 10:09 pm

I'm gonna definately contact Mr. Gates and tell him what I think. He probably won't care because he's a quadruple quazimotillionaire.
hillarious!!!! but not that i approve but i also heard that BUDWEISER, anheiser busch, donates to the anti's . i asked a buddy who is a sales manager and he did say that when you have these HUGE companies thay donate to both sides, you have to keep tham all happy for sales. but each side usually hears about the donation to the other side. i wouldn't doubt if it's a similer situation here.either way all their donation should go to us!!!!!!

StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Post by StickFlicker » Thu May 31, 2007 10:17 pm

I think you'd be a lot better off not donating to either side than to donate to both and make both sides mad! I have to think Budweiser sells more beer to hunters and fishermen than they do to bunnyhuggers though!
Official Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett & Longhunter Society Measurer,
Records Chairman, Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu May 31, 2007 10:18 pm

StickFlicker wrote:I think you'd be a lot better off not donating to either side than to donate to both and make both sides mad! I have to think Budweiser sells more beer to hunters and fishermen than they do to bunnyhuggers though!
hehe +1 :)
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

mousel
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mousel » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:35 pm

You can hunt fall black bear in colorado. Are they talking about the spring hunt?

COOPERD
Spike
Spike

Post by COOPERD » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:53 pm

It is pretty disappointing to hear about the antis,them having so much help. I couldnt imagine my life without hunting in it. Too bad so many people have to try and push their beliefs, not leave well enough alone.

IDHunter
2 point
2 point

Post by IDHunter » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:38 am

The problem with Microsoft is that they're one of those companies that's nearly impossible to stop using their products in order to send a message. If I stopped using their software, I would have to quit hunting because I would no longer be making any money.