Twas the night before the Co. Draw

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
FastGM3
Fawn
Fawn

Twas the night before the Co. Draw

Post by FastGM3 » Thu May 31, 2007 8:51 pm

Sorry for the XMAS theme but I feel like a little kid again waiting for santa. I've been checking every minute under the tree for hopes of reading the words Successful at the Colorado Division of Wildlife's web site. Just in case you don't have the link handy here i t is.

https://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/Bi ... refPoints/

I haven't been to Colorado for a Mule deer hunt since 1992, and haven't tagged a deer their since 1989. It's been a long wait, I've raised a couple kids since that time. I'm still raising them but at least they are old enough now to help momma around the house while I finally get to go hunting again (hopefully).

I'm not a trophy hunter, just a hunter and outdoorsman at heart. Many of my friends continued to go back those past 15 years I've missed out. I'm from Sacramento California, and have longed to go back to the beautiful State of Colorado. It's not so much about the kill for me as it is the country, the camping and the camaraderie of friends. The hunt and of course the kill would make it that much better, but reading the words successful of a draw will be a good enough present for me.

I dig the planning of the trip and even the dreaded travel across Nevada. I'm not so much a fan of the hot seasons, but even in the worst of weather you'll find me smiling from ear to ear.

Cheers to all of those waiting like me, and hopefully after the postings on June 1st you'll let your dreams begin! I know I will! Good luck to everyone, where ever your travels and hunting may lead.

Chuck

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu May 31, 2007 9:25 pm

Good luck CHUCK! Just a PP for me.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu May 31, 2007 9:40 pm

I concure...good luck my friend!

As for myself, I have to wait another 2 months before our results are out (WA). I put in for WA Sheep, Goat, Moose, Desert A Mule Deer, Elk cow tag, and a couple raffle tickets also for Sheep, Moose, and bull Elk.

The chances of me drawing any of them are rather slim but there's always a chance.....PLEASE!

The folks here inspired me though. Although I haven't hunted Elk for over 20 years I went and bought a tag this year. It's just a "spike only" tag but I'm giving it a shot anyway...just to add a little more drama in the fall!
I also bought a fall bear tag this year...something else I've never done but hanging out at MuleyMadness drove me to it(:

Torch
3 point
3 point

Post by Torch » Thu May 31, 2007 11:25 pm

I hear ya! I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight! Good luck to everyone that applied.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:54 am

Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

FastGM3
Fawn
Fawn

Post by FastGM3 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:29 pm

YES THEY ARE and YES I AM tis the season to be jolly!!! :thumb

Hope everyone else has the luck of the draw like me and my group, oh yeah. I'm just a bit happy can you tell?

Time to make some phone calls to spread the good word.

JLROOT
2 point
2 point

yehaw

Post by JLROOT » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:30 pm

I got mine. Yeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
A 'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Utahbowhunter
Monster
Monster

Post by Utahbowhunter » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:07 pm

congrats to you guys!

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:10 pm

3rd season tag for me. :thumb

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:17 pm

First choice archery here........look out timberline, here I come!
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer