Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Only six more days!!!!!!

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:51 pm

Howdy All,

Only six more days until I get to leave for my vacation! I am pretty much beside myself with anticipation. It stinks that I have had to wait until alittle bit later in the season this year, but the wait will be worth it. My dad called last night, he and his hunting partner were both able to take good branched bulls this year. My dad took a 6x6 bull that he figures will go 300" and his hunting buddy took a 5x5 that will score around 280", not the biggest bulls, but it has been nearly 7 years since my dad has gotten to take an elk for himself, so he is pretty excited. Hope the luck filters over into deer season!
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:50 am

now only five more days, until i leave, seven until opening morning. a week from today i will be hittin' her hard. can't wait, getting excited, can't hardly stand it, want to leave now!

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:16 am

oooohhhhhh well! feels like i am talking to myself around here, maybe i am, heck i guess it doesn't matter.

now only three days until i leave and only five until opening morning. sleepless nights, workless days at work, all signs point to yes! it must be drawing near to opening day. i have heard from different folks throughout the state, that the deer hunting has been tough so far this year. which is exactly opposite of what i was expecting, only time will tell!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:20 pm

WYMULEYMAN,

Keep talking man, I'm listening. Just way to busy with other stuff, so I can't keep up with replying to everything. Still trying to fix a bunch of stuff on the site after or big crash.

Hope you down a good one, I'll count the days with ya. Only 3 more baby. :) Hope the hunting isn't as tough as you have heard.?

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:06 pm

Thanks Madness,

I know people are pretty busy these days, as i am one of them. seems like not only is it a busy time because it is hunting season, but at least for me it is also the busiest time for everything else. I was on another site this morning and some lady killed a huge, and i mean huge deer up in the Wind Rivers somewhere. this deer is a stud, an absolute pig in his own right. drop tines, mass, width, and extras, it bout took my breathe away. Go check it out, monstermuleys.com! this deer is phenomenal. Sooo, not that there are not big muleys being taken, i just expected some real monsters this year, as the amount of moisture was amazing this past couple months. all the growth was green and thick, definetly plenty of growth. I have no doubt that at least one or two deer between the four of us will be taken, will be hunting with my dad, brother-in-law, my dads hunting buddy as well. all of us are trophy deer hunters so there will be no small ones getting killed by any of us.

COME ON FRIDAY, COME ON FRIDAY!!!!! actually COME ON WEDNESDAY, because i leave for the hunt then.