Any NW Montana Mule deer hunters out there

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
muledeerrock
Fawn
Fawn

Any NW Montana Mule deer hunters out there

Post by muledeerrock » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:30 pm

It's great for and virtually unexploited as far as mule deer hunters go.....I guess if it dont cross the road while in the truck it's to much work......But are there any besides me who hunt mulies from Trout Creek down to Plains and up north to 30 miles.....would like to discuss the type of bucks you are getting ......I average 150 and i know there one's a lot bigger putting out a trail cam in my honey hole to see the truth and what i'm missing

Hiker

Re: Any NW Montana Mule deer hunters out there

Post by Hiker » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:13 pm

muledeerrock wrote:It's great for and virtually unexploited as far as mule deer hunters go.....I guess if it dont cross the road while in the truck it's to much work......But are there any besides me who hunt mulies from Trout Creek down to Plains and up north to 30 miles.....would like to discuss the type of bucks you are getting ......I average 150 and i know there one's a lot bigger putting out a trail cam in my honey hole to see the truth and what i'm missing
Muledeerrock, ::wel to MuleyMadness! :thumb

I personally haven't hunted NW MT yet but I hunted elk outside of Gardiner last year and saw one that would have been a 150-160 buck. We hunted deer over by Broadus and killed 5 four pointers, the largest went 140-150. We really didn't see many larger bucks in that area.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:09 pm

muledeerrock, my mother lived in Plains up until late last year (moved to Alaska) and I still have quite a few relatives in Plains and Paradise. Although I have never hunted Mulies out that way I have seen some real pigs during my trips out there. I can certainly believe that you average around 150 with bucks taken. I think with a little effort and knowledge of the land around there that it's certainly doable.

muledeerrock
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Any NW Montana Mule deer hunters out there

Post by muledeerrock » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:41 pm

Hiker wrote:
muledeerrock wrote:It's great for and virtually unexploited as far as mule deer hunters go.....I guess if it dont cross the road while in the truck it's to much work......But are there any besides me who hunt mulies from Trout Creek down to Plains and up north to 30 miles.....would like to discuss the type of bucks you are getting ......I average 150 and i know there one's a lot bigger putting out a trail cam in my honey hole to see the truth and what i'm missing

Muledeerrock, ::wel to MuleyMadness! :thumb

I personally haven't hunted NW MT yet but I hunted elk outside of Gardiner last year and saw one that would have been a 150-160 buck. We hunted deer over by Broadus and killed 5 four pointers, the largest went 140-150. We really didn't see many larger bucks in that area.
I put in for antelope in the 700 units been tempted to hunt mulies over there but it seems like a maze will a lot of private land leased ....Just get up to the top and hunt the avalanche shoots with springs and mule deer are plenty....never see many whitetails above 4,000 ft and there are so hogs if one has the will and patience to hike away from the roads and be in the core area before light......
Last edited by muledeerrock on Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Levergun450
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Levergun450 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:49 pm

Muledeerrock, where abouts are you located? in thompson Falls, about 30 mins from plains. Shoot me an p/m sometime and we can discuss some areas I know of around here for mule deer. Welcome
~Dave

MTGriz
Fawn
Fawn

Post by MTGriz » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:11 pm

I don't know about that area, but having lived and hunted a bit south of there, there is some great mulie hunting for top trophy bucks (if you're looking for that) in Missoula and Ravalli counties.