What two way radios do you use?

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
DeadI

What two way radios do you use?

Post by DeadI » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:48 am

I had a Motorola T6400, lost if while antelope hunting a couple years ago. My dad and bro still have theres. I liked it because you could trun all the key beeps off.

I now have the Motorola T6510 radios, I like them except that I can not trun off the key beeps.

But I have been contemplating get some different ones, what do you guys prefer.

Also if any of you have a T6400 in good condition that you would be willing to part with let me know. I would like to get another one to replace the one I lost as well.
Deadi

ABert

Post by ABert » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:13 am

We have been using Cobras for the past few years, upgrading every couple of years. I don't know the model numbers off hand but they've been doing the job. Just need to teach my dad how to press the button and talk...lol
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:32 pm

their a little spendy but check out those garmin rino's they are great but you need to get a few guys together to start buying them so they are worth while

RooDog
2 point
2 point

Post by RooDog » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:12 pm

I have also been using Cobras but we are thinking of buying the garmin rhino's so it's just one unit to be packed around instead of two.

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:56 pm

My dad and I use the Garmin Rhino's as well and wouldn't use anythign else now. We've had them for two seasons and are just way more convenient than anything else we have ever used. It's pretty much priceless to know exactly where the rest of your group is all the time. And not having to carry a separate unit for the radio and one for the GPS. Only problem is the batteries go dead after a long day of hunting, so rechargeable's are for sure the way to go. I'm sure they would last longer if you disabled the GPS function and jsut used them as radios but I figure it's there so I'm gonna use it. I just keep extra batteries in my bag (which I had to do with our old motorola radios anyways).

lifetime hunter
3 point
3 point

Post by lifetime hunter » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:26 pm

79Ford wrote:My dad and I use the Garmin Rhino's as well and wouldn't use anythign else now. We've had them for two seasons and are just way more convenient than anything else we have ever used. It's pretty much priceless to know exactly where the rest of your group is all the time. And not having to carry a separate unit for the radio and one for the GPS. Only problem is the batteries go dead after a long day of hunting, so rechargeable's are for sure the way to go. I'm sure they would last longer if you disabled the GPS function and jsut used them as radios but I figure it's there so I'm gonna use it. I just keep extra batteries in my bag (which I had to do with our old motorola radios anyways).
+1 got our Rhino's a couple of years ago and We love them! I agree with the batteries always keep extra with you! and trust me not the cheap kind from the dollar store either! #-o or you will be beggin' batteries off everyone else!

during the off season, we took up geocaching - fun family activity and also good to get really use to using the GPS!

deadi - if you want to try out the rhino's PM me and i'll let you use them to see if ya like them

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:29 pm

I've been thinkin' of tryin the Rhino's out and after reading the reviews here I think I will.

We currently use the Cobra's and they work great....but now you all have given me an excuse to go spend a little money on those Rhinos!

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:13 am

Motorola's forget the model though they work fairly well up to about 3moles if the terrian is not real mountainous
THE LORD IS MY ROCK