Colorado area 35 is it worth hunting

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Montnanamuleycrazy
Fawn
Fawn

Colorado area 35 is it worth hunting

Post by Montnanamuleycrazy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:44 pm

looking for over the counter spots and heard 35 was good anyone have any advice....Thanks

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:05 am

It has great genectics but CDOW gives out a ton of tags. It's really hard to get away from all of the hunters, even if you hike in 2-4 miles. The deer go into hiding after a day or two but if you work hard you might be able to find a nice buck.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:11 am

I know people who live up there and dont really hunt it much anymore as Hiker said to many tag to many people and a lot of elk hunters too.

Cant imagine saving pp up to hunt a deer unit like 44 and then be over whelmed by OTC elk hunters. DOW needs to wake up and do something with more units not saying we have to manage for 400 bulls but 5 year olds would be attainable in most units and would not hurt much in the way of tgas and revenue.

Point being if you have to save 7-10 points to hunt muliess in a unit then you should not have to deal with so many elk hunters in the same unit. By managing units for older elk and mulies then you give out less tags. Not saying to this in all units Just the ones that already take more than 4-5 points for deer already.
Last edited by TheGreatwhitehunter on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:50 am

i was inpressed this year we saw one other hunter and it was my cussion. and i hunted 1st 2nd and 3rd season all in back up by castle peak and down by the colorado river and up by wolcot. it was really good this year
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

BIGBUCKCRAZY
Spike
Spike

Re:

Post by BIGBUCKCRAZY » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:31 pm

Coloradobuck wrote:i was inpressed this year we saw one other hunter and it was my cussion. and i hunted 1st 2nd and 3rd season all in back up by castle peak and down by the colorado river and up by wolcot. it was really good this year
well I'd have to throw the boloney flag out on that 1.
I hunted about 3 days out of 2 seasons in unit 35 and tons of people every time on all sides of it. It was like the drive thru at Mc Ds waiting to get checked by the warden(twice).
What have ya got if ya haven't got a story?

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Re: Colorado area 35 is it worth hunting

Post by Coloradobuck » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:27 am

what days of the wwek were you huntn? i was huntn the weekends and didn't see hardly enyone. now unit 25 is terrible but in 35 there was hardly no one when i went. there was some on 36.
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

silvertip-co
2 point
2 point

Re: Colorado area 35 is it worth hunting

Post by silvertip-co » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:03 am

YES. :)
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM
NRA LIFE MEMBER