Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Packout
Fawn
Fawn

Re: i drew the moose tag!

Post by Packout » Fri May 23, 2008 10:47 am

Ox,
I was the hunter who shot the 53" bull on the thread in the Moose Forum. You are in for a fun, yet sometimes frustrating hunt. The advice of getting good with a bow is great, but there are some other excellent areas which are any weapon. Go to my web site and email me or call me. I can give you some decent leads on large mature bulls I saw which did not get killed last year. You are in for a Once-In-A-Lifetime experience.

http://www.sagebasin.com
----------------------------
http://www.sagebasin.com
----------------------------

GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Post by GUTPYLZ » Mon May 26, 2008 11:49 am

I drew that tag a few years ago and I went on the Cache. I deer hunt there every year and see some monster Moose. Of course the year I draw they are not moving around much and I couldn't get in on the one I was scouting. I ended up taking this one on the last day. I'm fine with it because why I was hunting moose I found this buck and got him on opening morning of the deer hunt.

"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

tommycaller
Spike
Spike

Post by tommycaller » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:44 pm

Here is a moose I took on the Ogden Hunt in 2006. A fun hunt that I will never forget. Just missed book by 2 inches after deductions.
Attachments
2006 Ogden moose
2006 Ogden moose
jpg of moose.jpg (59.78 KiB) Viewed 3740 times
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind"

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:31 pm

Nice Moose tommycaller.

GUTPYLZ, Good job on your bull. Sounds like you hunted til the last minute, holding out for that bull you had seen earlier. Nice buck too. :thumb
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:36 pm

tommycaller

::wel and thanks for sharing your great moose. 10sign:

tommycaller
Spike
Spike

Post by tommycaller » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:09 am

Thanks for the compliment on my Shiras Moose, I applied for only 5 years and drew the tag. As you can imagine, I was shocked. I ended up getting together with a fly fishing guide who saw moose all of the time while taking his clients fishing. The guy called me all summer long and told me what kind of bulls he was seeing. Everytime he called, the anticipation for the up-coming hunt was building up higher and higher. That may be a strategy for some of the hunters who have a tough time, like myself, in getting the money together for a guided hunt. I paid him a minimal fee and he packed me in on horseback and had a tent lodge set up already. This picture was the end result. By the way, I think the website is awesome. Ya'll have done a great job in putting it together.
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind"