paunsaugunt anyweapon deer tag

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
muley hunter
Fawn
Fawn

paunsaugunt anyweapon deer tag

Post by muley hunter » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:17 pm

After 11 long years me and my father finally drew tags this year, and we have been down there spotting two times this summer and from what we have seen it looks like it should be a great hunt, but with the price of gas it is hard to get down there as much as i would like to. So I was wondering if anybody could give me some information on some areas to check out. And if there is any good taxidermist by the paunsaugunt

BOHNTR

Re: paunsaugunt anyweapon deer tag

Post by BOHNTR » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:28 pm

Probably the closest taxidermist that does outstanding work is Travis Roundy out of Glendale, UT. (435) 648-2449. He also guides at times on the unit you're hunting and knows it very well.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:30 pm

BOHNTR gave some great advice, also Russell Bulkley out of Panguitch does a great job also on TAXI.

Expect a tough hunt, Rifle isn't easy or a cake walk. The deer are usually on the move during your hunt, best of luck. I spend a lot of time out there and take lots of video/photos.

bowhuntercop
Spike
Spike

Post by bowhuntercop » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:03 am

I would suggest that you go to Travis Roundy like bohunter says. Don't worry about scouting right now for the hunt. I grew up in Alton in the middle of the paunsy and the deer will be on the move. Unless you can find a resident buck in the low country scouting is useless except for maybe a couple of days before this hunt. Good Luck and don't give up. This is a hard hunt but can give you excellent rewards if you put your time in. Travis can and will help you out contact him.

muley hunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by muley hunter » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:27 am

Thanks I will give Travis a call

brine
Fawn
Fawn

Post by brine » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:10 pm

Scout as much as you can before the season and shoot early. As the season goes on, unless you have a couple dozen eyes, the deer horns shrink if you get my drift.