RESULTS ?

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
wyomingtrophyhunter
Spike
Spike

RESULTS ?

Post by wyomingtrophyhunter » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:11 pm

We are back from opening week in Wyoming. Great trip, good times, and safe hunting........but pretty miserable results.

Yeah, we all killed decent bucks (although not so good as to post the pics !!) The full moon and daytime temps of 80+ degrees made for night-feeding deer that piled up in the thickets during the day. Most deer we observed were laying down by sun-up-thirty and remained there until right at pitch dark. The deer we killed were stalked to their resting places after finding them in the twilight of dawn. Last Thursday, on our way home, we finally started observing them feeding up in the morning and afternoon.

Nonetheless, a good time was had by all and we did kill some nice bucks.....just not ole Louie Grande. Hope all you guys had better success than we did; I'll bet no one had any better time than we did...........!!

Now, on to the native whitetail here in Ar-kin-saw. :))
"Make 'em leak"

Metz

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:11 pm

wyomingtrophyhunter,

Sorry to hear you were unable to take Louie Grande for yet another season. Heads up at least he is passing on some good genetics. Sounds like you guys had a great hunt. We were all successful on your deer hunt back home a few weeks ago. Good times were had by all and now I head up to Montana next friday to chase elk around with a good buddy of mine.
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:25 pm

wyomingtrophyhunter,

Your telling me those bucks were to little to share, oh come on now. :)

wyomingtrophyhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by wyomingtrophyhunter » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:40 am

Ok, Brett. I sent you an email with a picture of the little "milk-lips" bucks we killed. Go ahead and embarrass me if you will....... :) :) Sorry I do not know how to put the pictures on my post.
"Make 'em leak"

Metz

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:02 pm

wyomingtrophyhunter,

Thanks for the picture, no need to complain or grip about that hunt. Looks like a good time and success by all.