Big Boys From Yesterday

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
BCBOY
Spike
Spike

Big Boys From Yesterday

Post by BCBOY » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:29 pm

Here's a couple big boys I filmed in the high country of BC yesterday morning. The big wide buck is the same buck that I filmed last year and in 2000. Last year I estimated him as a 11X8 that was 33-34 inches wide. It looks like he's lost some of his trash this year and put on a couple more inches of width. It is hard to tell from these poor quality pics but the other buck is really freaky looking and has tons of trash all over his rack. He ain't that wide but he does have some great height.
"Trophy value is not always a measure of tine and beam. It may be just a measure of hard, solid hunting in which both man and deer conducted themselves well, so that neither was shamed." - John Madson, "Why Men Hunt"

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:46 pm

Holy Crap! Man alive would I love to see those bad boys and get them on film. Totally awesome, both of them. The wide boy looks to be about 36 1/2" wide to me. But heck trash factor boy is sweet to. Thanks for the pics BCBOY, those are awesome!!

akw270

Nice!

Post by akw270 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:03 pm

Thats a pretty hefty bruiser there! Thanks for the exellerated heart rate BCBOY

Muleyslyr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muleyslyr » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:48 pm

All I can say is...... WOW!! I staired at those pics for so long without blinking my eyes started burning. Thanks BC

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:06 pm

BCBOY:

As usual, great footage and even better buck! Thanks for posting and keep them coming.

BOHNTR )))---------------->

Or_sheds
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Or_sheds » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:41 pm

Great bucks :D , strange to see them in the rocks like that :?
Just think, every minute you are not out there the game is getting the upper hand. so when you go,
go hard

BCBOY
Spike
Spike

Post by BCBOY » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:17 pm

Or_sheds,
When you hunt above timberline, it is amazing where you'll see bucks. I've seen them bedded in the shear granite cliffs like mountain goats. Talus slides are really common. They get up high to have a commanding view, to keep in the cold wind, which keeps the bugs at bay, and they can blend in to there surroundings really well with that rock as cover.
"Trophy value is not always a measure of tine and beam. It may be just a measure of hard, solid hunting in which both man and deer conducted themselves well, so that neither was shamed." - John Madson, "Why Men Hunt"

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:44 am

Those bucks are awsome I like them both.