Wyoming Region C

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
forest2482
Fawn
Fawn

Wyoming Region C

Post by forest2482 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:47 am

Looking for any help with Mulie hunting in region C. Going with a group of 4 to hunt public land or willing to pay between 500 to 1000 a person for private land access depending on the land. Thank you for any help

TheGreatwhitehunter

Re: Wyoming Region C

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:21 am

::wel to Muley Madness

Your kinda late in the year for securing access to good property, but you can give the Casper Game and fish dept office a call I believe they handle region C.

Ask them for a list a landowners that allow access for a fee or for free and they should be able to assist you.

The best places are usually reserved well in advance by the same hunters year after year, there is some decent Public in region C too, used to be a big region until they split the region a couple years ago.

Get your self some BLM maps for the area you plan on hunting , I have not hunted region C since 2006 before the region was split into 2 regions.

Good Luck
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

forest2482
Fawn
Fawn

Post by forest2482 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:26 am

I talked to gillette visitor center and they said the list doesn't come out till mid September. Also we were looking at hunting October 6- 9 do you think the public land would still be busy from opening weekend

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:35 am

You need to contact the game and fish dept not the visitor center, after the first 3 days the pressure dies off pretty quick. The list of land owners is updated every year and is kept by the game and fish dept year round.

You may have a hard time getting quality land to hunt it is late in the year for gaining access but then again you may be able to find good land with the economy the way it is there may not be many hunting out of state this fall.

Beware of the landowners who just take your money and have 30 hunters on their land and no game to hunt it happens all the time, so ask the right questions before paying for access.

When you have a minute and go to Muley madness roll call and introduce your self to the members of the site.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

forest2482
Fawn
Fawn

Post by forest2482 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:15 pm

Where do you get good BLM maps

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:36 pm

I got mine from the BLM office. They will mail them to you or go to their website.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae

norcal95437
Fawn
Fawn

Post by norcal95437 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:52 pm

The G&F office that you would need to contact is the one in Sheridan they control that area. And as for maps I went to the BLM office here in Casper (where I live) and they sell them for $4 a piece.
Kill it & Grill it!!