Video I came across today. HUGE bucks!

Talk related to anything & everything.
TopBuckHunter
Fawn
Fawn

Video I came across today. HUGE bucks!

Post by TopBuckHunter » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 am

You guys have to check this out.. Simply amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GJwqH5eWGc

spoofman
Spike
Spike

Re: Video I came across today. HUGE bucks!

Post by spoofman » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:22 pm

they all had tags in their ears, a high fence ranch. they can get big when you can let em get old and feed em roids or hormones all the time. zzz

ARCHER11
2 point
2 point

Post by ARCHER11 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Looks more like tumors than antlers. I'm definitely against high fenced hunting but those are some crazy lookin bucks!
I'm a member of PETA: People who Eat Tasty Animals

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:47 pm

My neighbor shot a 200" whitetail from a farm in Michigan, I told him he should of saved time and bought some antlers off ebay, same difference
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

Bigd7400
Spike
Spike

Post by Bigd7400 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:47 pm

This same POS dude posted on the QDMA forum. High fence = Low morals. Should be illegal :>/
Dreaming of tall tines a straight shots.

Mulie Man
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Mulie Man » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:37 am

Bigd7400 wrote:This same POS dude posted on the QDMA forum. High fence = Low morals. Should be illegal :>/

This kind of attitude is what is tearing the hunting community apart. Just because people have the money to hunt high fence doesn't mean they have low morals. It's not for me, have never hunted big game on a high fence ranch- but I dang sure would.

You think that just because a place is high fenced makes the hunt easy? LMHO. We have 2,000 acre high fence places in Texas that are harder to hunt than some of the low fence/no fence places I have hunted.

The bottom line is that it has nothing to do with morality. It has everything to do with personal preference and available resources. Who cares where you hunt or how you hunt as long as it's legal? There are less people hunting in America today than ever before. Being divided is exactly what the anti hunters want.

Think about it, we all need to stick together. Our strenght is in numbers.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:06 pm

if you hunt high fence you might as well go to the zoo and hunt. or go to the fishing shows and catch your limit in the kiddy pond. its not hunting its shooting. a hunt you never know what you are going to come across. yeah if you do your home work you have a better idea but you do not have a real clue until the moment. high fence you always know they take you to an area and say " you paid for that buck right there... shoot! shoot! shoot! oh you missed ok well he will be back to the otherside of the fence in 5 minutes we will get him there" LOL
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

Mulie Man
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Mulie Man » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:54 am

So you are telling me that if they drop you off in a 1,000 acre HF ranch you are automatically going to have a chance to kill the buck of your dreams? LOL. Try taking a bow in there. You have no idea what in the burn you are talking about.

Most low fence leases/ranches in North Texas are 200 acres or less. It doesnt matter if the deer have a fence around them or not. It's all about how the deer are conditioned. If they are used to human interaction all the time then they will be easier to kill. If not, then they might as well be low fence. I interviewed a fella last year who hunted for 2 weeks straight on a high fence ranch in hopes of killing a buck that they had seen on the trail cams for 4 years. Two weeks it took him on a 400 HF ranch before he ever even saw this buck.

Comments like yours are what help tear the hunting community apart when we are at a time in history where we need to stick together. It's sad really. So it isnt for you? Big deal, it is for others. Dont see why it bothers you so much when it in know way affects you.

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Fenced game is fenced game and can not escape 1000 acres or not. My neighbor had pics of his 200" whitetail and the 500"+ Elk in his hand before he left for his so called "Hunt" in Michigan on 300 acres. Is that hunting? I say No, It's going to get something for the wall like a painting. I could careless how people spend their money but don't try and tell me that's Hunting.
Last edited by Mularcher on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

huntindad
Spike
Spike

Post by huntindad » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:26 am

To each their own but it is not the same IMO.

The problem High Fence carries with it IMO is its image, regardless of how challenging a HF operation is the image is of a slam dunk pick em before you go operation. Not all HF operations are created equal and the field will be judged by the worst.

Broaden the same to hunting in general and you can say that the negative image of HF does more to damage the image of hunting than any other legal hunting activity IMO. I think the fact that most hunters have a problem with HF (from as small a problem as they would never do it themselves to outright disdain for it) actually helps our image in the Non hunting community, which is the only faction we can impress as antis are a lost cause.

Just because a group of hunters think an activity (in this case High Fence) is okay, DOES NOT mean every other hunter should fall in line lock step to support it or they are a bunch of traitors.
Stick together on the issue of hunting in general and put down the other issues at battle time but you don't have to blindly agree with something you despise.

For every story of some guy who hunted hard for 3 weeks to find the critter he was after on a HF shoot there is 100 of some guy walking onto the ranch and on the same day killing his buck/bull. They are not all created equal but IMO NONE of them are hunting.

Bill