I bought one

Talk related to anything & everything.
bonehead
4 point
4 point

I bought one

Post by bonehead » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:37 pm

So I just Got my new Range Finder Hook Up made By Crooked Horn Outfitters. So far I like it, might take a while to get use to having my range finder being right where I need it LOL. Every year I find myself coming home with the story's, "if I would of just Ranged him first" Well now I should not have that problem. lol How many of you have made a poor shot because you don't think you have time to range your animal?
Attachments
IMG_5403.JPG

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Re: I bought one

Post by waspocrew » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:34 am

Bonehead,
That's a great collection of antlers there... doesn't seem like you've missed too many shots! I've missed a couple of times due to not having time to range the animal. I've learned to get into an area and quickly range my surroundings so I have a general idea of the ranges around me. If an animal steps out in a hurry and I don't have time to get a reading, at least I know I'm somewhat close with my initial readings.

bonehead
4 point
4 point

Post by bonehead » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:42 pm

I always find myself "with elk at least" moving a bunch before they come so that is tuff. last year I called in a elk and had my range finder in hand and had no place to set it down. So I set it on top of my pack and when I drew my bow thats all that was going through my head "PLEASE DONT FALL OFF" [-o< well that one got away. oh well I got one in the end. I think this will give me a little more confort in knowing I can just drop it and make the shot.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Yea that product should come in handy, it's always a pain trying to range animals before the shot. I lost my range finder this year trying to keep it 'handy'. That's when you need a buddy to do the ranging for you. :)