Your opinions, please...

Talk related to anything & everything.
paladin
Spike
Spike

Your opinions, please...

Post by paladin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:44 pm

I have a "tanker" Garand. I have already added a scope. Its still not very accurate. I'd like to have it accurized by a competent gunsmith, beginning with the trigger! What all would you suggest having done? Does any company make a replacement trigger? Or is this a case of having a $1000 worth of gun smithing done to a $500 gun in order to get a $350 rifle? (???)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun . . . it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

Thomas Jefferson, 1785

ABert

Re: Your opinions, please...

Post by ABert » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:45 pm

I've never shot one "straight out of the box" but I have shot one that had quite a bit of work done to it. AMAZING accuracy at 200 meters using iron sights! I can only imagine how accurate it would have been with a scope. IMO, well worth the $$$ to get one to match grade condition.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Re: Your opinions, please...

Post by one hunting fool » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 am

I think your question would be better on "thefirearmblog.com" they deal with the T26 guns all the time. I see questions posted about how to fix them up and people selling parts for them all the time.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.