Obituary of the late Mr. Common Sense.

Talk related to anything & everything.
Hiker

Post by Hiker » Tue May 15, 2007 9:50 am

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as
Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
Why the early bird gets the worm;
Life isn't always fair; and Maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a 6 -year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate;
teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch;
and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Bactine, sun lotion or a Band-Aid to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became
contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a
burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust;
his wife, Discretion;
his daughter, Responsibility;
and his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 3 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights,
Someone Else Is To Blame,
and I'm a Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If
you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Tue May 15, 2007 10:08 am

He rolled over in his grave when the dems took control of DC.

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Sat May 19, 2007 6:27 pm

It sad but its the truth.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat May 19, 2007 7:10 pm

True, so TRUE! Thanks Hiker!

HighLander
Monster
Monster

Post by HighLander » Sun May 20, 2007 8:00 am

True that!
ALWAYS CHECK YOUR ARROWS BEFORE SHOOTING.......TRUST ME!!

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Sun May 20, 2007 8:03 am

Folks like us are a dying breed Hiker. Sorry to say, it's going to get worse a LOT worse. 4 years of "you know who" may just about kill our way of life.

However Sept is not that far away :thumb My first of 5 trips to Montana's badlands. =D> =D> =D> . What a different world that is compared to say the Twin Cities. #-o

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sun May 20, 2007 8:32 pm

man isnt that the truth
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Mon May 21, 2007 1:14 pm

Sad but true. I see so much stuff on the news and think - that doesn't make any sense! If somebody breaks into my house and I defend myself, I could get sued!!

7mmgilbert
Spike
Spike

Post by 7mmgilbert » Thu May 24, 2007 11:44 am

Yes common sense is not common anymore

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Thu May 31, 2007 8:23 pm

its so true! look at what this world has come to!you cant even spank your own child or your a child abuser. there is a big difference between abuse and discipline i was always a good kid cause i didnt want to get spanked. this country is so messed up nowadays. one day it will fall all of the greatest countries in the world eventually do and i dont know if this is the greatest country anymore yeah its better than most but i thik others are quickly catchingt up i hate the fact that if one person is offended by something it stops or they get sued people need to just grow up you cant please everyone if you dont like something dont go near it if a radio staion swears dont throw a fit just dont listen to it i hate stupid people like that. i cant stand people that have nothing better to do than try to make others lives miserable. like try to ban guns. i know i dont need to preach to you guys but there are so many gun owners and how many of them actually commit crimes. and even if they did they will find other means of killing. ok ive gotta stop im all fired up now thanks for the post hiker its so sad and very true.