hunting memories.

Talk related to anything & everything.
bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

hunting memories.

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu May 31, 2007 5:26 pm

lets hear some of your best hunting memories though the years. mine was about 6 years ago when i was just a tike. me,dad and grandpa were up high in the mountains during the rifle hunt and a huge snow storm moved in and the horses got lost. so grandpa,dad, and me went out to go look for them after the storm passed and we had to go through some huge snow drifts. well when we were walkin though them my grandpas fake leg poped off and got stuck in one of the drifts. he was cussin like a mad sailor while my dad was laughing up a storm.lol. well after he got on his leg we found the horses and went back to camp and wasnt able to hunt all day. i thought it was a fun time. just cause thats one of the few memories i have of my grandpa. so whats some of your best memories
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Thu May 31, 2007 7:56 pm

LMHO thats pretty funny great story thanks

brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Post by brn2hunt » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:46 am

:funny-post haha that was good
"Ne A La Chasse"

Deserthunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Deserthunter » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:20 pm

Many years ago, Dad was hunting near the Flaming Gorge area before the darn was built. The country is very easy to get turned around in and hard to find your way thru.
Dad had gotten up and walked out of camp. Dad was raised a hunter and trapper, but that day he did get turned around.
But, after shooting a very nice buck and hanging it in a tree and marking it with some cloth. He started walking in the direction he thought camp was in, after several hours came to a road. He hitched a ride back to camp, tired and hungry.
After telling his story to the fellows he was hunting with, saying he wasn't sure where the animal was, they pointed to a tree just out of camp and said, you mean the buck hanging in the tree over there? Enough said.....................
When asked, tell em', Yep yellow flatfish and buzzard balls, down near the darn.