lucky

Talk related to anything & everything.
kadejones2
Monster
Monster

lucky

Post by kadejones2 » Thu May 31, 2007 8:17 pm

i know we all have some lucky shots. so lets here them. mine is probally when i was hunting rabbits and this rabbit ran behind this bush i was about 10 yards away with a .22 and i shot into the bush hoping to get him to run out with out seeing the rabbit and hit him in the head it was so lucky

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu May 31, 2007 9:30 pm

im not judging ya or anything but thats not to smart of ya to be shootin in a bush when ya can make a crappy shot on the rabbit when you dont even know were hes at in it. thats what is taught in every hunters safety class ive seen "BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET"
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

MuleyCrazed
Spike
Spike

A little long...

Post by MuleyCrazed » Thu May 31, 2007 11:03 pm

Ok here's one....I was a junior in high school and a friend of mine, my younger brother, and I decided to go on a late afternoon hunt. We had just got into the area we wnated to hunt and my younger brother and I spotted a little 2X3 feeding on a hill side about 100 yards away. We only had two guns between the three of us so I let my younger brother have one and my friend the other.

So my younger brother sat down to get a shot. At this point the buck still hadn't saw us and he decided to lay down. Right after the buck laid down my brother put the sights on him and took a shot. Well, he missed but the buck didn't move. The bullet must have missed the buck by about 6 inches, maybe! So he put another round in and squeezed off another shot. This time the buck jumped up and started running down the draw.

Well I grabbed the gun from brother and took off after him. I crested over the hill to see if I could spot him and just then he appeared at the bottom of the draw about 250 to 300 yards away. Right as he came up out of the draw I pulled up the gun and as soon as I got him in the cross-hairs I pulled the trigger. He went down like a rock! I actually couldn't believe I hit him. It was a last moment desperation shot and it connected.

So I immediately walk down to the buck and as I approached him I'm looking for blood around the vital area. I flipped him over but couldn't see anything. Just then I grab his antlers and I saw blood coming from his nose. I had hit him right behind the left ear and the bullet exited out his nose. So that was one lucky shot!!

After examining the deer a little closer we noticed that the second shot that my younger brother had taken had shot off one of his tines on the side with three points. So now he was a two-point.

So that's my story. Sorry it's alittle long.
MuleyCrazed
Idaho

Born to Hunt! Forced to Work...

MuleyCrazed
Spike
Spike

Post by MuleyCrazed » Thu May 31, 2007 11:13 pm

Just for kicks, here's another one....

I was about 15 years old on a scout campout. We decided to climb this steep mountain just to say we did it. Well, I was packing a slingshot with me on this hike, just in case...We got to the top of the mountain after about a 2 1/2 hour climb where there was about 3 feet of snow. This was in mid July mind you. We were going to explore a little and head down the other side of the mountain back to camp. On our way down I spotted a grouse at the base of a tree standing in the snow. I decided that I would try to shoot him with my slingshot.

Just to put this into perspective, I had never shot an animal with my slingshot before the prior day, where I shot a chipmunk for the first time. So I thought I would try again. I found a rock at the base of a tree where the snow had melted away. I slowly crept up as close as I could get. I got within about 10 yards before the grouse even started worrying. Well, he should have worried a little sooner! I pulled back my slingshot and let 'er fly. The rock connected with that grouse's head and that was all she wrote. I couldn't believe it! Everyone else around me couldn't either. The rock was about the size of a nickel and the grouses head was about the size of a quarter at best. So that was about the luckiest shot I have ever made.
MuleyCrazed
Idaho

Born to Hunt! Forced to Work...

brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Post by brn2hunt » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:47 am

I shot a squirell from 20 yards with my bow when i was around 11 or 12 i was pretty happy it was my first bow kill
Last edited by brn2hunt on Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ne A La Chasse"

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:23 pm

Here is one I tell on my friend. We were out deer hunting and we spot a coyote some 400 yards off on a dead run. Now my buddy is a fellow High Power competitor and a very fine shot but he pulls up his 6mm and drops this coyote with one shot through the neck.

As we approached the coyote and what was not evident at the time was this beast had the mange bad. If it had 6 sq. inches of hair on it I would be amaized. On top of that it looked to have about a couple hundred bloated ticks all over it.

As we both looked upon this nasty critter I turned to him and said. "You just waisted the one best shot of your life on the nastiest ugliest creature on the face of the earth.

kadejones2
Monster
Monster

Post by kadejones2 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:04 pm

lol that is a good one Muleycrazed i love your stories keep them comin

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:00 pm

I don't have any crazy shots myself, but I have one from my dad:
He was huntin whitetails in Kansas with not much luck. On the last morning, they did a drive, with my dad sittin on a hill and his cousin pushing an area of timber. A few does ran out, but no bucks and they were about ready to head home. My dad yelled down to his cousin, and as he did, a buck jumped up 50 yds away! That big boy had been sitting there for several hours without movin while my dad was sittin that close! Well, the buck took off running and my dad (who is an incredible shot) took a shot at about 200 yds, but missed. The buck went into some timber and my dad got set and waited for him to come out on the other side. The buck came out and, as the buck ran full speed at 420 yds, my dad dropped him with one shot. That's the craziest shot I've ever seen. The buck turned out to be a 24" wide 10 or 12 pointer, I can't remember. It's hangin on his wall.

kadejones2
Monster
Monster

Post by kadejones2 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:28 pm

love your story thanks for postin