My vacation

Talk related to anything & everything.
a_bow_nut

My vacation

Post by a_bow_nut » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:28 pm

Got lucky enough to get a few days off so my wife flew the family out to New York to see her family that lives out there.

Thankfully the live in up state and not the city.

A couple of pictures of where we were staying.

These were the cabins that we were staying in.

After a couple days of visiting we took off on went to a place called Herkimer. While we were ther we went to a place that they call their diamond mines and mine for diamonds. Come to find out that the diamonds are actualy high grade quarts that are very clear and almost look like diamonds.

They also had some bags of dirt that you could sluce out to find diamonds or fosils.(sp)

The next day we went down to Cooperstown and went to the national baseball hall of fame.

I hope this one shows up.

This is Double Day feild it's one of the first baseball feilds constructed.

On our way to dinner I came across this sign that made me laugh so I had to take a picture of it. (Note the web address) :)

After that we spent another day with her family and played some golf and headed home.

This was as close as I got the the city and that was just fine with me.

They have some real neat country back there and it always amazes me how gree everything is back there but I;m glad that I don;t have to live in that humidity. It was between 70%-90% humidity the whole time we were there. (???)
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:52 pm

ROFLOL. fookin john chinese food.hahaha oh dang thanks for postin that pic. you just made my day. or night.haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)) :)) :))
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

kadejones2
Monster
Monster

Post by kadejones2 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:47 pm

lol

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:56 pm

Great pics, looks like a good time had by all.

Thanks for sharing the story and pictures!

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:24 pm

MAN, COOPERSTOWN?!?!?! I am a baseball fanatic and I have dreamed of taking a vacation to Cooperstown for years!!

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:26 pm

Hawk,

I like to play baseball but I don't follow it at all but this was a real neat place to go visit. I learned alot in the short time that I was there. I was surprised at how much the equipment has evolved over the years. From the bats and balls to the gloves and the uniforms.

It was neat to read on how the sport got started and how hard everybody worked at it. The first players didn't live high on the hog back in them days. Most had regular jobs and played baseball on the side. To them it wasn't about how much money you could make they just liked to play. =D>

To our surprise the whole trip wasn't that much. The plane tickets for three people from Salt Lake to JFK were only $1200 through Jet Blue and a Durango for five days was like $380. It's still alot of money but I've found that over time you forget about how much it cost to go. But the memories of being there will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:59 pm

Wow, I can't even imagine how awesome it'd be to go to Cooperstown.
One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:07 pm

as long as they keep the steroid users out as much as they can, they will always have my respect! the whole group gets brought down a little bit if playes like Barry Bonds, Mark Mcgwire, sammy sosa, and so on. unfortunalty we will never know who all is involved i just hope the most obvious users get nailed. I just wish that Ken Griffey Jr. would not have been hurt so much we would be celibrating him getting close to the all time homerun record. but thats part of the whole issue, being on roids helps keep you injury free, or heals you up faster thus being able to play more. I cant wait till even Alex Rodrigez gets a few more yrs, he's one that should be able to break that record and doing it ROID FREE.
Sorry just venting The hall of fame is a great acomplishment, and hard to acheive, something money cant buy a player, i hope they keep it that way!

brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Post by brn2hunt » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:48 pm

nice and green over there
"Ne A La Chasse"