DONATIONS/HELP

Talk related to anything & everything.
hunterman67
Spike
Spike

DONATIONS/HELP

Post by hunterman67 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:38 pm

howdy all, I have`nt written in awhile but thought I would today. my name is Mike Waite and I am a disabled hunter from Marana, Arizona. I decided to write you today to ask you a couple of questions. I have been drawn for a mobility impaired muzzleloader bull elk hunt in New Mexico in October of this year, I drew 1 of the 3 nonresident tags for this bull elk rut hunt- so its a once in a lifetime hunt easy. also myself and my 14 year old son were both drawn for new mexico mule deer hunt together in november- that has never happened before. and today we found out my son was drawn for the arizona juniors buck hunt in unit 36c also in november. our problem is this, Last seasons archery deer hunt in Arizona my son and I were robbed of everything we owned hunting related, both our packs, BOTH new binos, and my zeiss spotter. the big cabelas camo jackets we won in a drawing at the new store in phoenix- I mean they took everything including our bows as they were in the truck- they took the truck too. we found the truck up the road 2.5 miles in a ditch where it was left, but everything we had was gone. after making sure we were alone I spent the next 2 hours getting the truck out of the ditch the thiefs left it in. after a flat, popped column, and blown tranny (only 2nd gear) I was feeling a little better that I was not going to have to walk the 15 or so miles in the rain with my son to hit the highway. being disabled my disability income is all we have each month for us both, I know I am NOT the only one. so now replacing everything is not an option for several years, there was no "contents" insurance either so that was nice, but the insurance has spent a little over 4k fixing my truck so I am happy about that. you see because our income is so low it takes awhile to buy things. I saved up for a long time before I could buy these things, my proudest purchase was my optics, I bought the nikon "dream season" 10x56`s in camo for my son, and the SLC`S 10x50 for myself, it took a long time to finally buy these- years. man-o-man those are the best, brightest, and clearest bino`s I`ve ever looked through. I never knew how much it sucks when EVERYTHING is gone. our packs had alot of stuff in them, our bows were special, and set up very very well. they each had arrows, broadheads, etc. BOTH our optics, my 1 month old stealthcam and whatever pics it had on it- never even saw them, my 4 year old bushnell rangefinder, the freaking block target and my brickhouse blind in the truck bed, all the things I used daily and now must replace someday. My problem is this, there is no way I will be able to purchase everything myself before my hunt, or soon afterward either. we cannot hunt without certain items- packs, binos, camo jackets- normal stuff, the most basic items except the gun (at least all my guns were home safe and sound in the safe) my question is, I have never asked for anything for myself and don`t feel good about doing it now but I am kinda stuck here. I just don`t have any way to replace our stolen items much less have enough stuff for either of us left. we are at least somewhat excited about the hunts we drew this fall, we usually do not draw much. I will do anything for my son to try for his first buck. My hunting is not as important as his, so please, if there is ANYTHING at all that might help us I would appreciate it greatly. you can click on the link below at paypal and make a donation if you so choose. there are alot of other more worthy causes out there if you wish to instead. I am chosing to tell our story to the "hunting/outdoor community" at this time because I can`t do it all myself. I would also like to thank you for reading this, I know it is long and you are very busy. thank you so much for your time.

Mike Waite
11160 N. Waite Road
Marana, Arizona 85653
520-682-3344 home
hunterman67@msn.com
saying "guns kill people" is like saying "the spoon made rosie fat"

Michael Waite, Tucson/Marana- ARIZONA.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:58 pm

I wish you the best in your hunt and all the success, but requesting money and posting a link asking for such is against forum/board policies. Link has been removed.