Fur and Calibers???

Talk related to anything & everything.
BIGBUCKCRAZY
Spike
Spike

Fur and Calibers???

Post by BIGBUCKCRAZY » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:17 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Colorado trapping is not alowed any more (on public ground) and I've been wanting to take some beavers. I know from experience a 22 is too small to lay a beaver where it stands (wheather on land or ice) and a 22.250 goes clean through at such close ranges. I'm thinking about a
.17HMR. and hoping it wont come out the other side. any input on this caliber or any suggestions on others would be
appreciated
Thank you,

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:09 pm

it depends. do you reload your own ammunition? i dont personally own a 17HMR myself but some of my friends do and they say that they love theres. hardly any fur damage at all they say
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:59 pm

I have a .17HMR and it's way fun!!
I'm not into saving furs, but it does a heck of a job on a jack rabbit i'll tell ya, and surprisingly accurate out at long ranges!

But for what you you are asking about it, shooting at really close ranges i'm guessing, it MAY blow up on hide up really close.

You'd just have to try differen't bullets and see which ones hold together best. Cabela's has the biggest selection of brands and bullet's i've seen.
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"