Well, the deployment is starting off well!

Talk related to anything & everything.
AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Well, the deployment is starting off well!

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:48 pm

Hey guys and gals, I had a few minutes and thought I would drop ya a line. I am currently here at FT Jackson, SC for training before heading into theatre in about two weeks.

After my wife dropped me off in Spokane to catch my flight here I said my good-bys to my wife and two youngest sons (They made the trip up with us), the last thing I said to my wife was "Be careful, it's snowing and I DO NOT want you to wreck my truck". (The roads were NASTY that night)

As luck would have it, after I got my rack assignment and unloaded my gear I called her cell phone...no answer. I then called the house...again, no answer. Well, not 5 minutes after I hung up my brother in law called to tell me that my wife and sons where in an accident...DANGIT!

Well, as luck would have it, everyone walked away....but the truck was totalled. My wife hit some ice, lost control, and rolled the truck over the side of the road. Noone was hurt although my 4 year old got some glass in the back of his head. However, he was more stoked that the "ambulance man" gave him a teddy bear than anything else.

Here are a few pics. Again, no worries though...everyone is fine...and I get a new truck when I get back!

Hope everyone is doing good and I'll try to stay in contact as much as possible.
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (121.09 KiB) Viewed 4707 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (117.13 KiB) Viewed 4705 times
3.JPG
3.JPG (119.01 KiB) Viewed 4704 times

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:52 pm

Wow,bet you about crapped!Looks like the Chevy held up well!Glad everyone got out unharmed,you do the same! :thumb

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:02 pm

WOW HAWK, glad everyone made it out un-harmed! that is pretty spooky. but... that will be a nice welcome home present to yourself, a nice shiny new truck :)) stay safe and check in when you get a chance :thumb

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:26 pm

Hawk, Really glad every one got out safely without serious injuries. You must have been worried sick. Now You and Your family deserve some good luck!
Best of luck from all of us, and be SAFE. :thumb

Buck Fever
3 point
3 point

Post by Buck Fever » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:07 pm

I'm glad to see everyone's ok. I hope everything else goes well for you. Be safe!!
Must be mentally focused at all times!!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:42 pm

Yikes, I'm sure glad that turned out okay for the family. Like your attitude, plenty of more trucks out there. I'll send ya new 'sticker' for the window when you're ready. :)

Thank Heavens everyone is okay, take care and no more of those wrecks again. [-o<

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:48 pm

Wow! I'm glad your family are all OK. You can always replace "a hunk of medal" but not your love ones.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:02 pm

Wow. From the looks of those pictures they are very lucky that no one was injured. Glad everything is okay.
Deadi

Idahohunter
Spike
Spike

Post by Idahohunter » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:21 am

I'm glad that everyone is OK, it still sucks that it happened. Have a safe deployment!
"If a man isn't as good as his word, what good is he?"

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:24 am

Idahohunter wrote:I'm glad that everyone is OK, it still sucks that it happened. Have a safe deployment!
+1
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.