LYNCHIN PARTY..

Talk related to anything & everything.
sagebrush
Spike
Spike

LYNCHIN PARTY..

Post by sagebrush » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:25 pm

THIS BOARD IS SO GREAT...JUST SOME REALLY AWESOME PEOPLE HERE...THE STORIES AND POST ARE
NON STOP READING.... I AM HONORED TO BE NEW MEMBER.....

BUT THIS BOARD IS DRIVING ME TO INSANITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT KEEPS WIPING OUT MY WRITTEN BUT UNSUBMITTED POSTS... NO OTHER BOARD IVE EVER BEEN ON
HAS DONE THIS....

I PLEAD TO THE FORUM GODS...WHOMEVER YOU ARE... PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEFORE I HAVE DO PUT A BROADHEAD RIGHT THRU THE CENTER OF PAGE NEXT TIME IT DOES THIS..!!!!!!

THERE ARE OTHERS HERE WHO ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.... PLEASE... FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

DeadI

Re: LYNCHIN PARTY..

Post by DeadI » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:45 pm

Sorry to hear that you are having such issues. I personaly have never had any problems making posts. And like I said before, if I plan on posting any fairly long posts I do them in Microsoft Word first, the copy and past it hear.

If there was something that Brett (muleymadness) could do I am sure he would and will do it. Hope it doesn't drive you away.
Deadi

sagebrush
Spike
Spike

Post by sagebrush » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:40 pm

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST WROTE A NICE RESPONSE AND BY THE TIME I FINISHED IT IT HAD LOGGED ME OUT AND WIPED OUT
WHAT I HAD WRITTTTTTTTTTTTTTENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sagebrush
Spike
Spike

Post by sagebrush » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:43 pm

HAHAHA... MADE IT BACK !

THANKS JARED..BUT IM HERE TO STAY.... THIS IS A GREAT FORUM AND IM ENJOYING IT ALOT...
( I JUST HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO FIX THIS PROBLEM THE FORUM HAS... ITS IN THE CODE FOR THE
WAY ITS PROGRAMMED... SOMETHING ISNT RIGHT.. ILL WORK ON DEBUGGING IT..)

IM A OLD FART AND I USE BIG LETTERS SO I DONT HAVE TO USE MY GLASSES...LOL.. SO DONT MIND MY CAPS... lol

sagebrush
Spike
Spike

Post by sagebrush » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:14 pm

OK.. I DID SOME RESEARCH ON THE PROBLEM ...HERES THE BOTTOM LINE...
----------------------------------------------------------

phpBB error complaint feb 2, 08 KNOWLEDGEBASE ANSWER

If I am not checking the worthless box "Remember my login/password", I can't stay logged more than 2 minutes here.
Answer:
If you choose to uncheck the "Remember Me?" box, (which is checked by default), and if your proxy service is rapidly changing your IP address, then you will suffer those rapid logouts. There's nothing we can do about it. It's the session mgmt design in vBulletin.
A reply:
Every boards allow you to be logged at least for 60 minutes, you may set the time (or not).
Answer:
Actually, that's not true. The default session timeout for vBulletin is 15 minutes. Some forums change it to a larger value, but most don't. (The longer the session timeout, the larger the overhead for maintaining member sessions.)

In any case, even if we increased the timeout, it wouldn't help you. If you don't allow Remember Me? to be set, the first change of IP address will invalidate your session regardless of the timeout, as is seen by the fact that session timeout is 15 minutes yet you are getting logged out every two minutes.
===============================================

OK.. SO WHEN WE LOG IN... WE NEED TO CHECK THE "REMEMBER ME" BOX..... THAT SETS OUR LOGGED IN SESSION TIME TO ANYWERE FROM 15 MINS TO 60... IM NOT SURE IF THIS IS VBULL OR THE OTHER...BUT IF ONE CAN STAY LOGGED IN MORE THAN 60 SECONDS .... ID BE A HAPPY CAMPER.... ILL BE CHECKING MY REMEMBER ME BOX NEXT LOGIN .... SAGEBRUSH..

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:37 pm

i hate to say it--- but i think it is " USER ERRER" i have no problem posting at all. if it is terribly long then copy it first [ easy enough i think[[ right click then press copy[[ :-k ] and if there is still a problem just "preview " your post--- then if you like it--post it ... i'm not sure if i can explane it any more??? there are 1783 members registered here and you seem to be the one having " MAJOR PROBLEMS" ????? just ask and people can help............................

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:10 am

SAGEBRUSH
::wel

You seemed to have fixed your own problem so I'm late, but...

You have 120 minutes to submit a form, however your session length will end after 30 minutes...should still be plenty of time.

But yes these numbers are invalid if your session expires, and I actually did not know this problem existed...so hopefully this fixes it for you.

We are not running VBULL, but all boards are pretty similar. We run phpbb forums and are running there latest and greatest.

The old issues we had were from an older version of this software and should be fixed now hopefully.

brett

StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Post by StickFlicker » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:55 pm

I assume you are referring to that when you hit the "submit" button, you lose your post? I would make two suggestions as a "round-a-bout" solution, although not perfect. Just left click your mouse and highlight your entire post, then right click the mouse and hit "copy", before you hit the submit button. Then if it is lost, you can try again and just right click and paste into the reply box.

Alternatively, you can also usually hit the "back" arrow a time or two and get back to your written reply. Then try the above copy and paste or just hit submit again. Did that make sense?
Official Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett & Longhunter Society Measurer,
Records Chairman, Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:43 am

StickFlicker wrote:I assume you are referring to that when you hit the "submit" button, you lose your post? I would make two suggestions as a "round-a-bout" solution, although not perfect. Just left click your mouse and highlight your entire post, then right click the mouse and hit "copy", before you hit the submit button. Then if it is lost, you can try again and just right click and paste into the reply box.

Alternatively, you can also usually hit the "back" arrow a time or two and get back to your written reply. Then try the above copy and paste or just hit submit again. Did that make sense?
good post Stick, i do this anyway I also like to write my posts on Word first to check spelling and grammer stuff. this way i have it incase it gets lost to the posting wormhole
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Post by StickFlicker » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:46 pm

If you use Firefox as a browser, instead of Internet Explorer, it spell checks your messages on this (and other) forum as you type! It won't make suggestions for the correct way to spell it, but it will tell you if yours is wrong.
Official Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett & Longhunter Society Measurer,
Records Chairman, Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book